cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to modify User sessions with custom log attributes?

felicianoangelo
Visitor

I'm looking to track user drop-offs between user actions using the User Journey. We want to include a custom attribute from logs ingested via Mulesoft. Is it possible to do this, or is it similar to the situation where Real User Monitoring couldn't access OneAgent logs? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If your services are monitored with OneAgents and the User Action to Trace links for in your case, then I would take the approach to add trace context information into your logs (see Connecting log data to traces).  So the trace context will be written into your log files, then logs will be ingested into Dynatrace (by OneAgent or by other means) and you will can drill down from a user session to trace and the log entries and vice versa.

See this in action here https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/connects-logs-with-user-sessions/ 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

felicianoangelo_0-1716275013822.png

Hi Julius, thanks for your response. Apparently I got this message when i tried to check my logs. Do you think it is still doable on my side. Also, Session Replay is not enabled on my side. Thanks. Hoping for your response. 

You need to have the trace context in your logs and ingested them to Dynatrace and the dt.trace_id must not be removed. It really depends on how your logging patterns, format and log pipeline are configured.

See this observability clinic for more examples https://youtu.be/Ac5_aPBx2f0

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
Dynatrace unified log monitoring with its patented PurePath technology for distributed tracing and code-level analysis. Dynatrace is now able to automatically connect monitored logs with PurePath distributed traces. This provides a holistic view, advanced analytics, and #AI-powered answers for ...

Featured Posts