cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Justification for DEM units on my environment

ArtuD
Participant

Someone can show me a REAL justification for using DEM units? I need an exemple! If some one show me a problem which dyna identified, and without DEM units that could not be possible, would be so helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I would recommend you to read how effective is infrastructure monitoring on its own and Real User Monitoring.

No DEM units, then, no RUM data.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

richard_guerra
Advisor

Synthetic http and click-paths consume DEMs and are also very useful for availability and response time metrics of web services / web-apps. OneAgent on the app side may not detect front end network issues preventing users from accessing your web-app and you may not notice a drop in user traffic. We also have one use-case where we are not using OneAgent on the app side (proprietary vendor-app) but use synthetics to alert us on the web-app failures.

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Besides synthetic, Real User Monitoring is really needed for having the user's perception of how your applications are performing. Unless you operate only APIs and no applications with front ends either web, mobile or custom obnes then you really want to have RUM and DEM licenses for it. You don't need 100% session coverage for your apps necessarily.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts