cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for builtin / any other metrics which can provide page level load time, page views of each application

chaithu
Observer

are there any metrics which can provide us the page specific load time, page views of each application in dynatrace ?

12 REPLIES 12

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Did you tried finding the needful on this page? 

KG

chaithu
Observer

Yes i checked this page but i could not find the metrics that can give the page load time & page views for each application in it.. can you please point me to exact one if you find something ?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

no! that where we can be clear its not present, can you try raising an idea for this, also raise a RFE request through support.

KG

do we need to raise a RFE  ? is it the only solution to get page specific metrics of each application ?
One interesting part which is not clear here is : how Dynatrace is showing these data in the UI..?
can someone share your suggestions and ideas on it ?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I believe lets wait to here from support, try raising a ticket and get the needful reference. The data you seek is available with Dynatrace already if populated in UI. Add the UI screenshot in your ticket while seeking metric names.

KG

yes i have added screenshot in the bottom..

chaithu
Observer

Can you please let us know on How Dynatrace is showing these metrics when we drill down into each individual  pages from main application ?

chaithu
Observer

do we need to raise a RFE  ? is it the only solution to get page specific metrics of each application ?
One interesting part which is not clear here is : how Dynatrace is showing these data in the UI..?
can someone share your suggestions and ideas on it ?

chaithu
Observer

chaithu_0-1658298305473.png

The data is already populated in dynatrace UI but we are not able to get this page level metric details using API's, can someone help here if there is way to get this data using API's ?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@Radoslaw_Szulgo  Can you please divert this request to get this answered please ?

KG

chaithu
Observer

@Radoslaw_Szulgo  , any update on this case ?

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi @chaithu ,

Dynatrace provides you with ways to solve problems by providing relevant data. In the case you brought, we believe that page load time is not what you need to understand the performance of your problem. You need to know how long it took your users to have a visually completed page and can interact with it. 

Visually complete is a point-in-time metric that measures when the visual area of a page has finished loading. Visually complete metrics are typically shorter in duration than comparable metrics (for example, page load time and DOM interactive measures) because users perceive complete page load before 100% of background page elements have loaded. Optimizing visually complete timing is more valuable than optimizing other page load timings in terms of user experience as it reflects the amount of time that your real users spend waiting for above-the-fold content to load completely. Results are sortable based on location, device, operating system, and browser type.

Read more here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/visually-complete-speed-index-calculations

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts