Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party click in Browser

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

When a user clicks on a icon that contains a third party Url, (Facebook, Twitter, any Feedback Button), can we make that visible in Dynatrace?

KR Henk

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Atos A.

It may be a little helpful to Monitor a third-party service as a separate service

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/monitoring/mon...

Regards,

Babar

Hello Barbar,

I always thought that this was only applicable for services calling a third party service, but does this also work for urls that originate in the browser (application)?

KR Henk

Atos - You might try adding the third party service as a custom device, so that when Dynatrace identifies the certain IP address you tell it what it's looking it. If you're only looking for DEM clicks then yes, you found what you were looking for in the third party components and as far as I'm aware your answer to yourself is accurate.

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

I think I found the answer, this is registered as a metric, split up between 1st and 3rd party.

So in other words you can only see how many times your app got clicks on Facebook, but you can not relate this to any session or useraction.

Featured Posts