cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USQL: number of user sessions that performed a particular action X times

Weilin1
Contributor

Hi, 

I would like to check if there is any way i am able to create a USQL query to select count of usersessions that has completed a particular action or event more than once (best if can i dictate the number of times they completed this action or event)?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Weilin1, this document may be a good start at cracking your use case  please let me know if it was helpful or if you have already figured it out on your own 😉 the Community would be grateful if you shared

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Hi @Ana_Kuzmenchuk, thanks for reaching out. I had explored the document before but i haven't encounter any that fits my use case 😔

My guess is it will need require 2 select statements to query out the result, but this is currently not feasible. 

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Weilin1 the closest I was able to achieve is this - replace <actionname> with your desired action name (repeated multiple times) and <application> with the application name.

select 
    usersession.userSessionId as 'userSessionID'
    , condition(count(name), where name="<actionname>") filter >1 as 'repeated actions'
from 
    useraction
where 
    application="<application>" 
    and name="<actionname>"
group by 
    usersession.userSessionId

Unfortunately, I was not able to count it on session level - such as the number of sessions including a particular action multiple times.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

I see,  yes i have been using a similar statement as well. 

Select count(name) Filter >1 as "Attempt Count", top(usersession.userSessionId, 1000) as "Session ID" from useraction where useraction.name = "<actionName>" group by usersession.userSessionId order by count(name) desc

Seems like exporting the data out and query might be the way to go? 

Thanks

That's correct at this time. There will be improvements with Grail soon, but for Managed you will need to do this externally. Either by leveraging sessions export or you can query that using chunks of data, so you won't hit the limits. A

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts