cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted box Browser Monitor

DamianG
Participant

I would like to know if it is possible to "remove" the yellow highlighted box in a browser monitor on click events. It is for security reasons, because we have a test where a numerical keyboard is used for a secret code. Everyone could check which numbers are used using the option "Analyze User Sessions" and viewing the screenshots of every step.

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

there is an option to block specific requests but I'm not 100% sure if that will solve your issue. If it doesn't help I would open a support ticket to understand how that entire section could be blocked. 

ChadTurner_0-1673386084763.png

-Chad

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

No, I don't believe this is an option as the 'yellow box' is highlighting the locator that was used for that event/ validation. I'm not aware of any options to prevent this. This might make a good Product Idea. You might also like to vote for this one which would allow you to turn off screenshots for specific steps. 
I would also like to note that we recommend only "dummy" accounts are used for synthetic monitoring;  a  dedicated account with limited functionality and no vulnerable data. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Thank you Hannah.

I was almost sure that the option was not available, thank you for your confirmation.

In the other hand, I've just voted the Product Idea suggested in the link because, in some way, could be valid for my request.

Featured Posts