cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Authentication - getting 401 and 200

DStockland
Frequent Guest

Hello,

We have several web applications we want to set synthetics on that require authentication.  A generic AD account was created, which we have granted access to these web apps, that I have set up within my vault.  I have verified this account has access by browsing the web app while logged into Edge as the AD account.

After creating a synthetic (that has multiple HTTP requests configured to hit our various servers hosting the apps), and choosing my credentials with NTLM authentication, I have noticed that the synthetic throws 401s and 200s.  It is not consistent and I see no pattern.

It's my understanding two 401s should be thrown during the handshake, then receive a 200.  What I'm confused by is Dynatrace sometimes shows a 401 vs. a 200.  I've also noticed the 401s only show for the first HTTP request configured, and not the proceeding ones.

I hope I've conveyed this correctly, I'm still very new to this. 🙂  Please see attached screenshot.  Happy to answer questions to clarify anything.

2023-04-25_14-01-24.png

3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I think you have not attached screenshot.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hello,

I have edited and re-uploaded the screenshot.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This would be better investigated by chat or support as checking the logs and settings would be helpful

Featured Posts