cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way today to manually execute a Synthetic or clickpath after failure. To ADHOC test / validation?

steven_torres
Participant

Hello, I am looking for a way for our 24/7 response team to execute a command or click a button to manually execute a synthetic test that recently trigged (clickpath, or http /api monitor), to validate if the issue is still present. 

Is that possible today? 

6 REPLIES 6

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @steven_torres 

As of today there is no such option available to manually trigger the test as and when it is required. Not such stable ways as I know of. 

However, there is a way to check the issue is still persistent by playing back the recorded session in the location you want. You should use JS for it. 

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Browser Monitors have an 'automatic retry on error' feature which you can enable but this just re-runs the monitor immediately after failure.

We're currently running a preview for using the API to trigger to run “immediately” and receive results once they are available. The main purpose of this is for integrating our Dynatrace Synthetic monitors with various CI/CD pipelines but it seems like it would do what you want. Is this preview something you might be interested in taking part in?

Yes I would like to know more about this new feature to come pls. 

Hi Hannah, 
Is the mentioned API (trigger and run Browser monitors immediately) available now?

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes, you can find the documentation on running HTTP and Browser Monitors on demand here

Many thanks for your prompt response 👍😊

Featured Posts