cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans to enhance or provide new feature sets to DAVIS around website security?

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Does Dynatrace have any plans to enhance DAVIS either through synthetics or as a new feature set for Dynatrace to safeguard websites that are hosted both onprem or via a host provider?

Areas of focus

• Website defacement attacks
  • Malicious code
  • Code monitoring in general
  • Unauthorized changes
  • SPAM pages
  • Foreign content (geo-location restrictions)
  • Malicious website redirects
  • Ability to look for specific keywords and / or phrases
  • Time based snapshots

And much more. There are many vendors out there currently offering such services, but specialize in only this and nothing more. This feels like an area that the Dynatrace AI is not yet playing in and has potential to provide huge value.

We are currently exploring our options in this area and I would love to know if Dynatrace has any plans to step into this area and if so, what the timeline might look like. Obviously it would be ideal to use Dynatrace for such a need as it continues to provide everything in a single framework then.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Thoughts?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This is an idea that I believe first surfaced in a presentation by Bernd Greifeneder in Perform EMEA in 2019. I immediately was interested, as I also work in security.

Since then, details have been scarce, but I have confirmation that is going forward. I recall seeing something I believe in the blog, but can't find it for the moment.

I deeply believe that Dynatrace has a major advantage over other security vendors. I easily imagine some functionalities that could be huge advances in the security arena. But Dynatrace has to be prepared, as it is a difficult market....

Antonio Sousa

I had that same thought. I remember him speaking on the focus of security during PERFORM 2019, but you are correct - I have not really seen anything on it since that time.

Agreed - This would bring large additional value to Dynatrace on top of all the great value that currently exists. Hopefully we will see a response posted here.

Confirmed. They spoke about it at perform barcelona 2019 as well but didn't get any new information since. It was more than 1 year ago and no news ...

I don't know if it is good or not !

Indeed it would be very interesting as dynatrace as already a lot of data.

Just imagine what I almost got some months ago: a hacker live on Session Replay, injecting his hacker stuff and console into a site and executing commands. It would have been really EPIC to grab such a session, but I got it a couple of hours late. It did get all registered in the User Sessions though 😉

Antonio Sousa

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

A few years later... The main subject of this thread is live with a dedicated section on our main Dynatrace website 😄

👉 Application Security in Dynatrace 

Featured Posts