Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📢 Synthetic enabled AG will not work on Windows Server 2012 anymore

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi all,

I know that this part of community has been created mainly for purpose of asking and answering questions related to Synthetic. Let me use it today for slightly different purpose, I have a quick announcement I'd like to share with you:

As it is stated in our documentation, regarding the deployment of synthetic enabled Active Gates, the only supported Windows system are Windows Server 2016, 2019 and 2022. Still, deployment on Windows Server 2012 was not blocked, and so far, it worked fine in most cases. We're aware that some of our customers still are using that Windows version.

Unfortunately, support for Windows 2012 server has been dropped by Google with Chromium 110, which is bundled with our ActiveGate 263 installation package. Which means, that synthetic enabled AG deployed on Windows 2012 Server will stop working after update to AG version 263.

Important: The changes described above will not affect ActiveGates set up for other purposes than executing synthetic monitors.

The recommended action is  migration to supported operating system. To prevent loss of service before migration, we are strongly suggesting not to update synthetic enabled Active Gates running on Windows Server 2012 above version 261.

Best Regards,

Jacek

1 REPLY 1

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

To add to this; Google also dropped support for Windows 7 and 8 with Chromium 110. They are also not in our list of supported Operating Systems but we are aware that some customers were using these.

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts