Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-Security Authentication for Soap call

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

We need to add WS-Security token ik a Soap call, doe anybody have any experiance with this?

KR Henk

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Is this somehow related to Dynatrace monitoring your services or what is the use case here? Is the service broken after instrumented by Dynatrace? Or is this just a generic question not related to Dynatrace?

With Dynatrace you don't have any options to modify the calls between services or application or application behaviour. For any changes, you need to modify your application code or configuration.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hallo Julius,

This about the http monitoring (Synthetics), we want to post a soap request but a token is needed....

KR Henk

Oh! My apologies. I overlooked the tag.

You are creating an HTTP monitor? AFAIK WS-Security is just an extension and you will need to add appropriate tags in your HTTP request payload.

Hi Julius,

I was under the impression that you need to generate a token, and this token changes/expires over time. So for every request it need to be regenerated.

KR Henk

It depends on the called party and the requirements. For any generation, you need to use the scripting functionality of HTTP requests.

Featured Posts