Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Historical data from Dynatrace Managed while upgrading to Saas

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Will existing data on Dynatrace Managed be upgraded to SaaS platform? My customers have an extensive history, and I'm often asked questions about trends going back 12 months or more.

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com
6 REPLIES 6

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru
Data can still be accessed in the Dynatrace Managed cluster.

However, monitoring data can't be migrated to SaaS. Dynatrace Managed clusters can be operated in parallel if access to historical data is required. This may require running dual Dynatrace and Managed licenses. Please reach out to Dynatrace support for further assistance.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Our client is finalizing a migration to SaaS. After using the product from Appmon, they mainly have metrics, problems and some Dashboards that they use to consult and detect improvements compared to previous situations.
Today we need to keep Dynatrace Managed alive to use it as "read-only" but for this to happen we are considering leaving a license of 1 HU so that it is not deactivated.
Is it possible from Dynatrace to do this, or mark that license as "read-only" similar to the Demo environment to access historical data? or What do you recommend to face this situation? Thanks

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hi @DanielS!

Thanks for your question and sharing that your client is almost done upgrading to SaaS. That's good to know.

To ensure we understand your use case correctly, let me re-phrase it: your client would like to access historical data (metrics, problems, and dashboards) available in their Dynatrace Managed environment(s) for comparing a current situation (observability data available in Dynatrace SaaS) with previous ones. Is this summary correct?

Thanks,
Daniela

Yes, they exactly want to use Dynatrace managed metrics, issues, and dashboards to compare the evolution of the old time period with the new ones.

Hey @DanielS 

I've merged your question with the existing one. I hope the answer fits you. Thanks for bringing your experience here. 

On top, I'll add that by default 6 months of dual-licensing is possible. However, we can discuss more if needed.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thanks @Radoslaw_Szulgo let me talk with the business area to know if that time range is enough to them.

Featured Posts