cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting Profile and Problem Generation

tijust1
Advisor

Hi,

I have a query regarding the alerting profile and problem generation in Dynatrace.

I have set a condition to receive an alert for "Availability" problems with a send delay of 5 minutes, meaning that I should receive a notification if a problem remains open for 5 minutes. However, I am experiencing an issue where problem cards are being generated even if the problem is open for less than 5 minutes. This is causing confusion as the alerting profile is not being assigned due to the problem being open for less than 5 minutes.

Can anyone please advise on how to fix this issue? The client does not want problem cards to be generated without the corresponding alerting profile being assigned.

tijust1_0-1710573153557.png

Dynatrace Professional Certified
5 REPLIES 5

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Since that is a synthetic monitor:

• How is frequency configured?
  • How is outage handling configured?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro 

• How is frequency configured? 5 mins
  • How is outage handling configured? 1 time. (I this this the point where needs to change to 5.)

Hi,

If you change outage hanling to 5, I think it would need 5 consesutive failures, it means, 5 x 5 mins = 25 minutes failing always.

You need to play with frequency and alerting profile delay for availability.

But you do not have a way to stop problem card is raised immediately, just it is not going to be matching your alerting profile until it is opened 5 minutes.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @tijust1 

The problem will remain opened, but it will  not be attached to any Profile if its not reaching the 5mn and with this way no alert will be sent.

There is no option to said, dont raise Problem (except the Maintenance Window): so even the problem is opened for 10sec (less than 1mn), it will appear in the Problem page.

Hope this is clear.

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge

@Malaik thanks, that make sense. i am clear now.

Featured Posts