cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting more than once for an open incident

raj_vavveti
Newcomer

Hi,

I want to get alerted/email notification more than once if a problem lasts for a long time. I heard in a webinar a while back that it is possible by setting up multiple alerting rules under same alerting profile. But it is not working. I only got the first alert and not the subsequent alerts.

When i chatted with with Support engineer, she informed me that it is not possible and i need to setup separate alerting profile for each timeframe. It will be very hard to maintain as i need to create integrations for each of these profiles. if it is not possible currently, it will be a good idea add this functionality. 

thanks

Raj

4 REPLIES 4

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello Raj

I do it for example like this:

Warning alert: if the problem was opened since 15mn

Major alert: if the problem was opened since 20mn

Critical alert: if the problem was opened since 25mn

So I created different alerting profiles and different notifications (sent to different teams).

Sharing Knowledge

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Support is exactly right. You will need to create a set of Alert Profiles such as:

Level 1 alert: if the problem has been open for 15min

Level 2 alert: if the problem has been open for 30min

Level 3 alert: if the problem has been open for 45min

You could try and get away with that by putting in 3 sets of rules for each, but I've never tested it and from your post it sounds like it didn't work. You can have multiple Alert Profiles targeting one alert integration as well, and you can stream line it by using the API to mass create these

-Chad

paul_ingle
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Specifically, say you want to alert if response time degradation (and other slowdown events) is:

1. Triggered at all

2. Happening for 15 minutes

You can specify 2 of the same severity rules in one alerting profile, the second severity rule having a 15 minute delay. So for this example, under 1 alerting profile, you would have 2 slowdown severity rules added - 1 with 0 delay, 1 with a 15 minute delay.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, but it doesn't work.

thanks

Raj

Featured Posts