cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Alert on Process Group Instance by Anomaly detection or Custom alert

suresh230591
Mentor

Is there a way to alert on availability of process group instance. I could see Dynatrace alert by default on Process group availability but not on Process group instance. We have a large environment having more than 100 application .It is very common for us to have a single process group span across multiple application. For example Web server and database server processes which are very common to every application.

I want to be alerted on the process group instance of a specific application. Is there a way to achieve this.

Regards

Suresh

4 REPLIES 4

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes within the settings of a process group you can enter the Anomaly detection settings menu and configure the strategy of alerting on availability. You can for example alert on a minimum number of process group instances that have to be available or on any process becoming unavailable.

Can we change this globally across a particular process group rather than having to go and change the setting individually for each process group. We have certain processes that need to be active at all times that have default availability monitoring set to Service Impacting but we need that to be changed to Process unavailable. These processes are split into multiple process groups as we are using host groups so One particular process we have over 200 process groups. Additionally, the API does not provide the capability to change this setting so this is a slow manual process.

suresh230591
Mentor

Still this will restrict us to process group. I can't be sure about the number when one process group have 50 instances that too from different application. One application owner wouldn't want to be alerted on when process goes down from another application

Is it possible to have this functionality in future or if we can have custom alert for process availability.

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If the processes of one application have nothing to do with the second application I would suggest to split the process groups into two by using host group mechanism.

Featured Posts