cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent issues

YuvalKonstanti
Frequent Guest

Hello,

We had a production issue with a host, but It was not alerted because these kind of problems are Frequent Issues by Dynatrace.

It says: 

"Dynatrace reports recurring problem patterns as "frequent issues." Alerts are sent out only if severity increases."

Can you please advise if there is a way to disable this feature?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hey, perhaps this is what you want to look at?

Just go settings-> anomaly detection - frequent issue detection.

Over there has three button for you to toggle/switch.

Thank you for your reply! 

Has someone here tried it?

Basically what I want is to disable this "Frequent Issues" option, so when DT will detect an issue it will alert in normally. 

I just want to make sure that if I disable those three option it will affect only this 🙂

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will affect the whole environment, not just that host.

Not sure if this helps, but there's also the option to reset the baseline within a service (vs applying to whole system). 

Service -> Edit -> Anomaly Detection

Karen_Duxbury_0-1622671204200.png

Thanks! I didn't know it, good to know

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Detection of frequent issues is quite an interesting topic, and has tricked me sometimes in the past. It is especially tricky when a problem appears in the "middle" of the problem. Seems confusing, and it sometimes is. I would recommend reading the following (several times):

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/problem-detection-and-analysis/problem-d...

In the end, it's an interesting solution to alert spam, but you have to understand it...

Antonio Sousa

Thanks for the reply! I will sure investigate it a bit more as it is a complicated issue indeed.