cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mute or ignore database traces

gustavodutra
Contributor

Hello friends! How are you doing? I'd like to know how to create a rule to mute database-related traces. My Dynatrace keeps alarming frequently about some traces that are not crucial for monitoring. Is there a way to silence this or create rules for the alarming traces? I know it's possible for requests, but regarding traces, I haven't found anything related.

Example:

gustavodutra_0-1709654165560.png

11 REPLIES 11

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @gustavodutra 

You can simply change this in failure detection in which you can specify this for the particular entity. If you adjust the sensitivity of alerting for that instance, it will not alert you in that case. 

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

@theharithsa 

Hello, friend. In this case, the option would be to disable fault detection? That wouldn't be interesting for me, I just need to disable some specific ones. Just like I can do with muted requests. Is there a way to do that?

rgarzon1
Mentor

Hi, Gustavodutra

You can allways mark the statement as Key Request, and after that you can set a diferent umbral

rgarzon1_0-1709655477773.png

or you can mute them inside settings - muted requests. and add the item in base of the name of the request. 

rgarzon1_1-1709655543397.png

Did you already test this before ?

Hope it helps

fuelled by coffee and curiosity.

I would like to do it this way, however, this method only works for services, it doesn't work for databases.

i just take those screenshots in databases, but i will do a test in my enviroment setting them. 

Confirmed, i can do it on a DB

rgarzon1_0-1709658095686.png

rgarzon1_1-1709658139490.pngrgarzon1_2-1709658195999.png

Somehow I can't find the "key requests" option in statements. Is this set in the settings screen?

Hi,

You can follow same approach than services. After you filter for a dababase statement:

AntonPineiro_0-1709661584491.png

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Another easiest way to filter is simply clicking at the filter icon at the requests/statements lists

image (23).png

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Somehow I managed to do it the way you described in the screenshot, I had to select the filters and silence the request, let's see if it will work.

muted requests2.pngmuted requests.png

gustavodutra
Contributor

Just to position them. This worked, thanks.

Featured Posts