cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title or description filter in the alerting profile

Hi,

Is there a way to look for only specific OS services in an alerting profile at the same time averting any other OS services being picked by the same alerting profile?

Asking this because, in the present scenario, we have an alerting profile that looks for regex of couple OS services using title filter and common entity tags, however when a "multiple infrastructure problems" occurs, what measures can be taken to tweak the alerting profile to ensure other OS services or "multiple infrastructure problems" are not associated with this.

Alerting profile should pick only if there are only explicitly called out OS services are part of problem but NOT any others.

Is this doable?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @SrikanthSamraj,

I do not use such filter but have you tried this one?

Mizs_0-1712214046735.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Hi @Mizső  - Thanks for your response. Yes, I do have similar one but the need is, how to restrict this alerting profile to not pick any other OS services when a problem title "Multiple infrastructure problems" arise? How to include negate criteria to avoid multiple OS services?

Hi,

I've achieved this using description filter with regex of other availability events along with negate criteria. With this way, I've ensured other processes or OS services are not picked by this alerting profile apart from the ones that are intended.

Featured Posts