cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Traffic from Two Web Servers

MarwanC
Guide

Dear Gurus,

I would like to combine traffic coming from from two web servers and to create a single top level service

in the Services part of DT. 

Currently I have two web servers showing like this in the rule that I created:

I am supposed to get a new Service combining the two. But this is not working can you assist

The idea is instead of creating two SLO for each web service (Leg) I need to create one SLO not only to the Service itself but also to the underlying web requests under this service

The rule I created under  Settings -> Service Detection -> Full web service rules (see screenshot)

Any response is much appreciated. 

Kind Regards

MC

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Depending on your instance, you might have the ability to merge services. Steps to do so can be found here: https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/merged-services

If you don't have access to merge services, then you fall under the deprecation, and you'll need to leverage the aggregation rules: https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/merged-services#create-merged-service 

I am assuming you don't have the deprecated method based off your image. I would need to see what the rules you made to ensure it's merging them together. Granted this might be sensitive data and you might be better off opening an in product Dynatrace Chat to get the services merged as you see fit.

-Chad

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@MarwanC  the merge services functionality (aka the merge services button) is deprecated and should not be used anymore. The service detection rules must be used instead. I believe it's not even possible to use the old service merging functionality anymore and the service detection rules are the way to go.

To merge services, first of all, all the services must be detected on processes from the same process group. If they are in different process groups, you cannot merge them. 
In your case, you are using web service detection rules. Are you sure you want web service and not web request rules? It depends on the particular service type. You mention webservers, so most likely you need full web request rule instead.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts