cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DT - Opsgenie integration - custom Payload

karthimahadevan
Visitor

Hi, 

I have successful opsgenie integration. this is of custom integration type & webhook url 
I see that I can send default list of custom payload. 

Whats the integration contract between OpsGenie and DT ?  Because when I look at opsgenie documentation, they dont refer the same tags or fields name. 
For example the Priority tag of opsgenie  Priority is not mapping to ProblemSeverity of DT. 

to make this simple thing work, I had to write some policies on Opsgenie side. 

for successful integration, data format should be fixed at source level, here this is DT. 

please can you share more details of this contract (Schema) between DT vs OpsGenie ? 
thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph-Howard
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

As far as custom integrations go, you are unable to split the ProblemDetailsJson field into multiple fields to extract any specific data from it. For OpsGenie, there is a built-in integration that should set the Priority in OpsGenie correctly - Availability problems are mapped to P1, error problems are mapped to P2, etc.

You can find the documentation for this built in integration here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/opsgenie

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

See the OpsGenie documentation Integrate Opsgenie with Dynatrace Webhook (v2) | Opsgenie | Atlassian Support, and also this thread where it is mentioned, with a good example of the payload configuration: Solved: Dynatrace and OpsGenie - Dynatrace Community

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Featured Posts