cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an email to the ticketing system when a mobile app crash is detected

STEELERSROCK
Participant

Everything seems to work fine for my web-based application.  I'm on a managed environment.  I just do not get anything for mobile crashes.

5 REPLIES 5

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hey,
I understand that when Dynatrace detects a problem on a monitored mobile app, you want it to send a notification to your ticketing system?

Radek

Have a nice day!

STEELERSROCK
Participant

Yes, that is correct. 

Hi,

Metrics related to the mobile app can be found here:
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/built-in-metrics#mobile-and-custom-apps

Among these metrics, several are related to the crash of the mobile app. To report the occurrence of a crash for a given version of the mobile app, I would use: builtin:apps.other.crashCount.osAndVersion

Then create a Metric Event and assign it to the appropriate Alerting Profile. Then you configure the integration to send alerts. You have ready for JIRA or ServiceNow, for example, and if you want to send the information somewhere else then you can use Custom Integration (based on Webhook).

Hope this help.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @STEELERSROCK,

You can set a global or individual (at mobile app level) crash rate problem detection.

Here is an example individual level:

Mizs_0-1699250579330.png

Then as @radek_jasinski mentioned you can create an alerting profile and problem notifiaction for the mobile app.

I recommend for you to create a MZ for the mobile app based on this post with auto tags:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Open-Q-A/Add-tag-with-the-smartscape-topology/m-p/216994

Here is a problem notification:

Mizs_1-1699251039154.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

STEELERSROCK
Participant

Thank you both!

Featured Posts