cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows United States Holiday Calendars is off by 1 day for every holiday...

36Krazyfists
Helper

I mean, I am assuming all of the holidays in the United States Holiday calendar available in Workflows being 1 day early must be on purpose, but for the life of me I can't imagine why?

If I call on that calendar from an automation to, say, put a bunch of entities in Maintenance Mode on holidays, I expect that to happen on the holidays, not the day before...

The custom holiday feature is also missing a few things:

- The yearly repeating function needs an option for specific days of a month (like 3rd Thursday of every November or Last Monday of May, for example).  It has the ability to create custom holidays and add them to the calendar, but the only repeating option those custom days have is Yearly.  

- The yearly repeating function also needs an option that says if date falls on day(s) of week (like Saturday or Sunday), then the holiday is the first date before/after (like first Monday after or first Friday before).  This would be useful for setting the Christmas holidays when the 25th falls on a weekend.

- The United States Holiday Calendar is missing Good Friday

The way the Holiday feature is now, you have to sit there and manually plug in a ton of dates for each and every year because it's lacking these critical options.  Sure, you only have to do it once every few years, but, putting that aside, it also leaves a lot of room for human error and confusion when putting this stuff in.  

2 REPLIES 2

ChristopherHejl
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Thanks for reaching out.
We recently fixed a bug that caused the dates in a calendar to shift forward by a day on save in some situations. This fix should be rolled out within the next few days.
If you have an affected Calendar, I suggest to recreate it and use the import holidays feature again and the dates should be correct.

As for Good Friday, this is not a federal holiday but rather only a state holiday in 12 states and therefore not included in the list.

Thank you for feature ideas around adding repeating days in the calendar. I'll take those with me, but in order to give an appropiate expection: the priority of these improvements is rather low compared to other things we have planned as it's mostly convenience for a task that rarely needs to be done.

Yeah, while it is a rare task, as I said before, it's very prone to human error without those features, but I definitely understand.

As far as the bug fix, yeah, it does appear to be fixed in our instance.  I was literally creating our first calendar ever in Workflows yesterday, so it must have updated in our instance just last night or something, lol.

Lastly, while Good Friday may not be a federal holiday, it is a holiday observed by the U.S. Stock Markets, so all banks, financial institutions, and many other related and unrelated businesses are closed on that day (like most doctors' offices, manufacturers, etc...).  So yes, not technically a federal holiday, but definitely a national holiday.

Thanks for your prompt response, much appreciated!

Featured Posts