cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dynatrace show the 'name' of the EFS rather than the ID for the detected name?

sivart_89
Advisor

It seems today when you pull in cloudwatch metrics for things like ebs or efs the detected name that shows is the ID itself rather than the name you provide in AWS (example of ID is below). The name does get pulled in as a tag because the name of the efs or ebs is applied as a tag automatically it seems, if you provide a name.

Rather than show the ID, is there a way to show the name itself so that problems that get created have this name / more friendly human understandable name?

sivart_89_0-1691757174427.png

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

If that information is in a tag, you can create a renaming rule adding those tag as name.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

I have not seen anywhere to do this. I'm familiar with how to rename things like process groups but not clear on how to do that for aws services like ebs or efs

Hi,

Does that entity appear when you filter it by tag or name in Technology Overview?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

I cannot find it there. I always get to it via the AWS menu then going through the account that has the service, or using data explorer to chart out the metric I care about.

Is this possible with generic entities? 

sivart_89
Advisor

I'll update this to note that the EFS entity I am referring to is a custom device and not a process group.

Featured Posts