cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Dynatrace to Azure monitor - Communication error

Sona
Newcomer

Hi Team,

While connecting the Dynatrace to Azure monitor, I am getting the error like communication error. Although I am putting the right value for client ID, tenant ID and secret key.

Please provide your suggestion on this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Sona,

Do you have an ActiveGate(AG) deployed on your system?
Is it running on Azure?
You could ssh into the ActiveGate and verify that it can reach to the Azure environment (curl/ping...)
Most of the times those errors are related to some missing firewall rules enabled between the AG and Azure
You could also check the AG logs in /var/log/dynatrace/gateway looking for some error/communication problem logs

Regards

Sona
Newcomer

Hi rodrigo_alvare1,

Thank you for your response. I have already installed the ActiveGate in my laptop and the version is up to date.

Could you please elaborate the above steps which you have mentioned in the above.

Hi Sona,
The problem here is whit the communication, so you need to check if there is any communication problem from the ActiveGate to Azure. We recommend to have the ActiveGate deployed on the cloudprovided to ensure no problem with the connectivity and avoid latency/timeouts. So in this case it would be better if you can install the ActiveGate on the Azure environment.

Verify that the ActiveGate shows also in your DynatraceUI (so verify that it is up and running and reporting to Dynatrace)

Check the logs to see any communication issue (in windows %PROGRAMDATA%\dynatrace\gateway\log ).

Also, if you need to configure a prox to reach to azure you can configure it  in the custom.properties  file. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-activegate/configuration/se....

Regards

Featured Posts