Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Chef Challenge! ‌👨‍🍳‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome back in the new Community challenge! :dynatrace:

Special "Community chef" badgeSpecial "Community chef" badgeLast month, you shared an incredible number of experiences with the Dynatrace platform, showing how many great memories you have! This time we’d like to change the topic completely and get back to the basics 🍲

Tell us something about the food you love the most! Let’s explore dishes which are your top ones or simply the most extraordinary food which lets you enjoy a moment. Maybe you cook some dishes with your colleagues at work? Pictures, recipes, memories… 🥘

The form is flexible! Every participant gets 100 bonus points, a dedicated "Community chef" badge, and a timeless recognition. Your insights might be helpful for future visitors – food lovers of this forum! Even if you spend a lot of time on the Community sometimes it's good to take a break and eat something good 😉

Looking forward to your answers, let’s create our unique Community cookbook! 👩‍🍳

67 REPLIES 67

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm the worst cook you all can imagine, so I have one of those robots in the kitchen that help me! I do like to do some barbecues in the summer, and that I can do the minimal stuff!

I like traditional Portuguese food, especially from the northern part of Portugal, where I lived for some 13 years. The most traditional foods/dishes/desserts from Portugal include the ones below:

1. All sorts of "bacalhau", which is cod fish. We say that we have 1001 ways to eat "bacalhau" in Portugal.
  2. Pastel de Nata, probably the most well known dessert in Portugal.
  3. Sardines, grilled or canned, very typical, mainly in the past.
  4. "Cozido à Portuguesa", a very meaty, fatty and heavy traditional Portuguese dish...
  5. "Polvo à Lagareiro", octopus with lots of olive oil, my favorite 😁

I must say I love them all!

Antonio Sousa

🤣 Thank you for being honest! As we know robots can really help, not only in the kitchen 😉 :dynatrace: 🤖

PS: Would to see some pictures from the barbecue 😍

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

While a robot is of great help, I still don't have a OneAgent to tell me what went wrong in the dish coding 😂😂😂

I can't believe it, but I went through all my photos and haven't gone one of me in the barbecue. Will have to correct this one!

Antonio Sousa

"dish coding" => 😂 🤣

About photos from the barbecue - the season is coming so feel free to add a photo when you will have a new one 😋

Pastel de Nata reminds me of the tastiest mornings in Portugal 😃 It's such a perfect combination with a cup of coffee!

Keep calm and build Community!

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm not the most adventurous eater, but really have fallen in love wit Thai🇹🇭 Food. Never enough time to eat all the thing you want to have, no matter how long the vacation is.

There to many great dishes to name them all. One of my favorites, which is pretty simple, is Moo Tod Gratiem. Crispy fried pork with (looooooots) of garlic and sticky rice.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thai food 😍
Moo Tod Gratien? Maybe some pictures to share? 

Had to look for quite a while, most of the time it's  gone before I can even think of taking a photo 😂

rsz_1moo-tod-gratiem.jpg

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

😂 but in the end we have an evidence 😉

I didn't know that one! 🙂 Sounds super tasty! 

I usually make just Thai noodles with vegetables - my daughter's fav Asian dish 😉

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Cooking you say? No, the longer I can go is on breakfast, coffee, eggs, smashed bananas with oat and orange juice, does it count?

I really like to eat, and for this post I will choose one that @AntonioSousa may knows too.

Feijoada.

There's the recipe if anyone is interested , https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/feijoada_brazilian_black_bean_stew/

Captura de Tela 2022-03-15 às 14.21.04.png

Basically is black beans with pig meat. 

I do not eat the meat, I just like the flavor on it, to eat with rice and farofa (tempered salt flour).

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Some people say that making tea counts as cooking 😅 so... smashed bananas with oats and eggs sounds like a "creme de la creme" 👌😎

Ohhh, Feijoada! Should have been on my list too!!!

Antonio Sousa

High five, @dannemca  Happy to see a soulmate that really likes to eat 🤣

I laugh at myself that I usually eat three second breakfasts, a dessert after lunch, and I never refuse to eat a cake 😂 The word "diet" doesn't exist in my dictionary 🤣

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

My Wife loves to make her Slovak holiday cookies 🇸🇰

There are tons more that she makes but I'm limited to 10 attachments lol.

She is the Queen of holiday baking - I know my role: clean dishes, get the ingredients out, keep the work space clean! 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg11.jpg

-Chad

I gain weight from just looking at it 🤣
yummy!

What a lovely pack of inspirations for the "cookie of the day" 😄

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I really love to cook all day every day and just about anything at this stage. My go to meals are spaghetti bolognese, oven baked chicken wings, thai green curry, rendang, dumplings and goulash.  Probably my favorite thing though and also the most recent thing I started to make is homemade ravioli. It's just... so... good... 🤤

PXL_20210726_093100192.jpg

   

Mushroom Ravioli.jpg

Above is mushroom ravioli with a creamy bacon/mushroom sauce.

PXL_20220213_084644675.jpg

Above is a more recent trial of blue cheese ravioli with a tomato/onion sauce topped with basil.

In the next coming month I will be hungry all the time, I think. 😅 So many tasty dishes in this challenge that saliva is still flowing 😋

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Few shots from me as well. I had to search in my photos for a moment since I don't usually take pictures of the meals I cook. However, I've been able to find one of me baking in a Dynatrace T-Shirt. 😁
Apart from cooking, I make homemade bread from sourdough for more than 12 years.

Me in my kitchenMe in my kitchenDessertDessertRisotto MilaneseRisotto Milanese

My homemade sourdough breadMy homemade sourdough breadsignal-2022-01-16-18-09-10-461.jpg

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

A bread looks awesome, but this cake with blueberries stole my heart 😉 💘 😋

Now I know I need to plan the next skiing trip to Slovakia 😃 It all looks delicious!

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

This challenge made me 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤!

I am not a good cook but I can follow recipes most of the time 😁. I do enjoy all kind of food cuisines,  I am not really big on red meats but some dishes can't be made without! Here are my attempts with a few dishes:

Pizza

Image from iOS (34).jpg

Calzone

Image from iOS (32).jpg

Chicken fajita pasta

Image from iOS (29).jpg

Pasta with Salmon

Image from iOS (31).jpg

Shish Tawook

Image from iOS (30).jpg

Homemade bread

Image from iOS (33).jpg

And finally this is from today, a Tripolitanian couscous with meat (beef and chicken) and vegetables.

Image from iOS (35).jpg

It looks delicious! 😋 I can almost smell those buns / homemade bread 😍

Thank you! so many failed attempts before that 😁

@Mo_Azuz Can you share the recipe for the bread? 😊

Of course 😊. I will try to capture it on video next time.

• 1 cup of milk
  • half a cup of plain yogurt
  • half a cup of vegetable oil
  • a teaspoon of sugar
  • a tablespoon of baker's yeast
  • 3 and half cups of flour
  • a teaspoon of baking powder
  • a teaspoon of salt

To give it that look you will need to mix one egg yolk with a little bit of milk, then add the sesame and black seeds.

I'll give it a try 😃

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I am not a good cook either, 

however I have so many memories about food especially when I was an entrepreneur, me and my friends struggled a lot to earn for our meals everyday. In that journey, I always was craving Pizzas. Especially pizza from Dominos. I use to save money and convince my friends to get me pizza once every month. Later on it got converted to a habit. 

I am a vegan and a big foodie who love to try every veggie food on this planet. Maybe one day I will. Till date my favourite food is Pizzaaaaaaaa!!! 😍😍

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Big kudos for you Vishruth for sharing this personal food-story, fits perfectly here! By the way... Vegan, you said 🤔 Sounds like you surely have some favorite dishes that need to be shared here 😃

Yeah my favourite dishes are wide range of Ice Creams, Pizzas, Cakes etc. Here are some of the pics from my gallery.

Red Velvet CakeRed Velvet CakeHoney Chilli PotatoHoney Chilli PotatoHoney Chilli MomosHoney Chilli MomosPaneer ManchurianPaneer ManchurianSpinach PizzaSpinach PizzaIce Cream (Boat Version)Ice Cream (Boat Version)

Oh! so many tastes.... and colors! 😍 🌈

A great story showing that entrepreneurship isn't always a rose-strewn path to success.
🍕 📈 🔝

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello All,

You talk about cooking? here we go.

I love the HOME MADE food and my wife is Amazing, so I learned a lot from her so during her absence I have a little fun.

I show you some dishes:

1647926175080.jpg

And especially some cakes that I made myself:

1647926175119.jpg

1647926175139.jpg

1647926175161.jpg

1647926175099.jpg

Sharing Knowledge

Yummy 😋
Especially this cake with apple looks super tasty for me... 🍏🍎

My Mother expert at cooking food!!, This makes me Foodie

I am from South India🇮🇳, During engineering when used to visit my home town I love to eat Bisi Bele Bath which was prepared by My mom😍

AgataWlodarczyk_0-1647939290366.png

I enjoyed every time when I used to feel like eating first time and fell in love with dish again and again!!!

Regards,

Venkat

Oh, we can feel so many positive emotions and appreciation in what you wrote 😍

@VenkataSainath If you were to rate the spiciness from 1 to 10, how spicy is the dish? 😄

I've never been to India, but my husband was traveling there a couple of times and he said that what we eat in Poland can't compare to the original cuisine from India 🙂 

I have one friend that loves traditional spicy Indian dishes. He once took me to a very special Indian restaurant in Lisbon, from some old fellows that came from Goa. He told me expressly  to go for an "entry" spice plate. Well, since I like spicy food, I went for a medium one. I believe it was a rate of well, 9.

Then, I tried a very small spoon from his dish. I would rate it as 18, in a scale from 1 to 10  😂 Never imagined there could be something so spicy!!!

Antonio Sousa

I have a memorable experience myself, I once tried to go with "a little spicy" when I was asked how I'd like my food cooked....where I should have said "mild". I ended up leaving the restaurant with a bloody nose 😁.

@KarolinaL It will be 7 out of 10 Spicy, 

I will recommend try Hyderabadi Biriyani Dish, This will be very very spicy(10/10 Spicy).

Hence I am vegetarian, I haven't had any time. 

Hi @KarolinaL,

Bisibele bath in India is one of the best dishes you can eat in southern part. It is cooked with rice and vegetables blended together with perfect spices. It is spicy and when you eat especially when it is hot, it is so yummy that mouth can't stop eating once you start.  

Shirai
Helper

There are many delicious dishes in Japan, so I will participate in this challenge. "Ramen", "Yakiniku", "Sushi". It is popular not only with Japanese people but also with foreign tourists visiting Japan.

Shirai_1-1647938393399.png

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan

Yummy 😋  
Original, Japanese sushi tastes probably awesome 😍

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Well, I do have A LOT of good memories of food... but the vast majority is about me eating, not properly cooking 🙂

I'm the worst person around the kitchen, however... I do feel rather confident when it comes to the backyard!

I can't manage to get anything to taste good if is on the oven or on the stove... my business is playing with fire 🔥

Everything tastes better above a hot, glowing flame of goodness! 😄

I do not have many pictures of it, as it can get rather messy (especially, when moving coal around), but this one from last December made it:

Image from iOS.jpg

Besides the spicy chorizo, there's six portions of "Secretos de Porco Preto" (literally translated, it means "Black Pig's Secrets" 🤣).

Black Pig is a species that we have a lot here in Portugal, very tasty, and "Secretos" is a portion of meat located below the surface fat, on the back side of the pig.

As you can see, a very fatty meat, very greasy, so... very tasty 😄 

As I said, I'm not a chef, so the seasoning is only composed of salt sprinkled above the meat, right after putting it on the grill!

The fire should not be very high, to avoid burning the very end of the surface fat, wasting it.

A low fire also helps to avoid drying out the meat, making eat hard and tasteless.

I enjoy cooking outside with fire a lot, specially in a party occasion, having friends over!

It does require some work to maintain the proper fire, but that's the challenge of it, right? 🙂

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Hooot challenge 🔥🔥🔥
And a looot of meat in this picture! 

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The latest (only?) thing I ever cooked for my colleagues , was mulled wine last Christmas.
Although I agree that it isn't food, it took me couple of integrations (, evenings & bottles) to optimize the recipe 🍾🍷🙃
IMG_20211211_172123_9 (Medium).jpgIMG_20211211_174638_2_2 (Medium).jpg

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

100% MasterChef 🔝 😅 🍷

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I love to smoke food.   Smoked wings and smoked bacon wrapped oreos were delicious!  

IMG-8060.jpg

oreos.jpg

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Wooow, oreo in bacon? "Fusion kitchen" :star_struck: 

ViniciusR
Participant

What a beautiful question, I'm already hungry after a full day of dynatrace.

I'm Brazilian, you know, here we have 2 main dishes, which my mother makes wonderfully.

- 1st Barbecue (Anyway)

- 2nd Feijoada (Black beans, farofa, pepper, cracklings and steak)

I love to cook and I prefer risottos and a coca-cola mouth.

obs.: I'm crazy about a Dynatrace t-shirt!!! yes hehehehehehe

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Feijoada is going to win as the most cited dish 🤣🤣🤣

Antonio Sousa

Has no way.... Too good.

MarkKaplan
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

When I was growing up, my grandmother made a cornflake crumb chicken dish. She would coat the chicken in olive oil, then roll them in a cornflake and spice mixture. Bake at 350 for an hour or so. It always reminds me of her.

Lovely! 🤗 😍
and tasty 😋

gerald_
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I'm in love with Italian food. I hardly cook anything else besides Italian dishes. One of my very favourites is Spaghetti Poveri. It's pretty basic and simple but tastes super-delicious. It comprises of onions, garlic, anchovies, capers, olives, and roasted breadcrumbs instead of cheese because poor people couldn't afford cheese.

Spaghetti PoveriSpaghetti Poveri

Yummy! 
And olives... 😍 for me they are gold nuggets surrounded in olive oil.. 😋

There is nothing like the Mediterranean cousine.... And, of course, olive oil is the essence of it! BTW, it's very interesting how the gold liquid is made!

Antonio Sousa

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader
As an Italian descendant I love Spaghetti-
This is the original recipe of my Italian grandma adapted for the modern machines.
I share the recipe and process.
You need 300gr. of 0000 flour for ~ 3/4 people.
Add 1 egg and 5 egg yolks. 1 olive oil tablespoon. And Salt. (I double the quantities in my pictures because I cook for 6)
Mix ( speed 1 in the beginning and then set to 2) until you get an NON Sticky dough. You can add water if you need to but I recommend to do this using a syringe. If you add water give time to the mixer because you can add more than you need and there’s no way back for this.
When you get the dough (~1 Kg for me or half using the base measure I provide) you can split into smaller ones. And with the help of a rolling pin you are ready for the pasta roller.
I start in 1 and then I go with the number 3 of thickness, for the speed I use number 2. Optional TIP I bend the borders to have a more easy-2-cut pasta. Look the pictures for how long you get the pasta. The pasta rack it’s a MUST. You need it to let the pasta dry at ambience temperature. Let it dry from 15 to 30 minutes if you added water maybe a little longer. Touch it to test it.
Ok. Now you’re ready. Boiling water and after 5’ when it’s in top. You are ready.
Optional TIP. You can add cherry or basil from your homemade vegetable mini farm. I use also capers.
And voilà. You have happy Dynatrace customers.
The whole process took me 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Enjoy.
The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Looks amazing! And it probably tastes delicious too! 😋
Thank's for sharing the whole process! :star_struck:
BTW, I didn't know there is such a thing as a pasta rack! 😃

The best one I know about Spaghetti is the Spaghetti Tree, revealed to the BBC viewers, 65 years and 2 days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqp0x6ajGE
🤣🤣🤣

Antonio Sousa

😂🤣😂🤣😂Very funny, the pasta rack is like the Bonsai version of the Spaghetti Tree! 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

😅 😂 🤣 

michaelwinkler
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

My first ever dish cooked was a pizza at age 12. With dough from scratch. From there I was hooked on cooking. I don‘t even have a favorite cuisine - doesn‘t matter if it‘s Indian, Japanese, French, Mexican… as long as it‘s savory, tasty and satisfies my foodie soul. 

What I‘ve been focusing on though in the last years was getting my pitmaster bbq game on. Including buying half a pure breed wagyu ox a few weeks back… 

Michael

Cooking / bbq breed wagyu it's like shaping diamonds - one mistake can cost a lot. 😉

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Cooking is one of my passion, I would want Dynatrace to organize a virtual meet event for couple of hour where participants may a dish in their kitchen on live teams or zoom meets. Looking forward for it, meanwhile here is one recipe to try out at home which are simple to cook but makes among the top list in my favorite food.

1) Barbeque chicken Indian style

Ingredients -

a) 500 g Chicken drumstick & wings

b) 50 g Yogurt

c) 4 tea spoon Red chilly powder (Need more spicy, its your call)

d) 2 tea spoon coriander powder

e) 2 tea spoon Turmeric powder

f) 1 lemon juice

g) Finely chopped coriander and mint leaves ( Enough to cover the chicken with green color)

h) 1/2 spoon Mix spice masala

i) Salt as per taste

Steps - 

a) Clean all chicken thoroughly

b) Mix all above ingredients in a bowl

c) Allow it to marinate overnight 

d) Hurray just barbeque it with some olive oil on any air fryer. Make sure you flip the chicken every 5 mins until cooked juicy soft.

rsz_1whatsapp_image_2022-05-10_at_105716_am.jpg

KG

yummy! A lot of species 🔥 and a lot of tastes. 😋

Featured Posts