Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Home Office Challenge!

laima_vainina
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, Dynatrace Community!

We know we have Community members across the world. In each country the situation can be a bit different, but most of you are forced to stay at home right now and completely transform your daily routine. Turning your home into your office is tricky, as it can be challenging to separate work and personal life when they're both happening in the same place. We hope everyone managed to organize a dedicated and comfortable spot to continue the work.

The Task:
For those of you who are stuck at home here is the new challenge: Share a picture of your home office! We are very curious to see what challenges you are facing.

The Award:
Everyone that will post in this forum thread a picture with his new working conditions will receive 120 reputation points!

Below you can see my freshly adjusted workstation. Can’t wait to see yours! 🙂

Stay positive, fight the flus and the blues, and stay focused on the things that truly matter. Take care of yourself and others!

93 REPLIES 93

Thanks! I don't use the keyboard for gaming though 😄 just been having back pains from my regular one so decided to go full ergonomic. It should be great for first person games though, you only need the left bit 😄

abdul_hasnath1
Dynatrace Supporter
Dynatrace Supporter

Cool keyboard Radu! I might just have to get one of those!

Thanks Abdul! It was quite the journey until I could type on it at a productive speed haha

when people say that that Mr. Nietzsche's work is not helpful, we can prove them wrong now 😄

It's a staple of support I can say 😄

Nice monitor stands and keyboard. 🙂

Thanks Bill!

GabrielPrioli
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

It has been a few years since I have a proper space set up but this year I'm trying to be as much ergonomic as possible. Luckily my standing desk arrived lest than a month before we went into quarantine. It allows me to stretch easily, walk around a little bit and in general just make the body more active. The key thing is to not stay at the same position for hours.

With less cars in the streets it has been really good working from home because the city is much more silent. I can hear birds in the distance and trees moving to the wind instead of honks and engines.

@Cale G. @John W. check out what I have in the back there - PDP 315!

C'mon @Elvis C. @Henry A. @Tomislav F. @Ding W. @David M. @Axel A. let's see your home offices 😃

Wow! That was a strong class!
Senior Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Loving that Mouse Mat Gabriel!

I know exactly what you mean! A month ago my new "space" was a dumping ground! Not it's my office and escape pod!

florian_ortner
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

The moment you realize that you'll need a haircut at some point.

Cheers to the Dynatrace community from Austria!

It's not that bad Florian! All the best from Poland!

Dynatrace Managed expert

If Davis can learn everything about applications, I bet we can teach it haircuts too! 😄
Cheers from UK!

looks like a very ergonomic work space 😄 cheers!

Keep calm and build Community!

One of the minimalistic home offices so far, but as Leonardo da Vinci said: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" 🙂
Best from Poland!

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

2 weeks into home-office teaches you about the essentials and non-essentials in your daily work-life 🙂

essentials:

• good coffee and water!
  • good audio equipment for Zoom calls and music! (did not think that I would become such a Jabra-fan ;-))
  • a good internet connection - well that's essential all the time, anyway! 🙂
  • VPN split tunnels! thx @Florian A. & Martin C. for your work on the Linux VPN scripts!
  • proper webcam placement - especially with those Dell-nosecams!
  • at least one additional large monitor

non-essentials:

• shaving 😉

also, as it's important to move from time to time -> always being prepared to go for a run - alone and isolated, of course! 🙂

greetings from Austria, stay safe and healthy!

I was thinking the same thing. My first Community Home Office photo was a bit rough!

I actually like this one better than the 'clean' one from your other post 😉

This is one thing I've also noticed: shaving really became non-essential, beards on the Zoom calls are becoming longer and longer 😄

If you have any questions about the Forum, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

shaving once every 2-3 weeks has to be enough 😛

beards... looks like another idea for a Community challenge 😄
and about moving from time to time: besides running, I've found it really cool that many fitness clubs organize workouts online!
how about other runners here? @Yos N. @jose antonio r. @Jakub M. @Tarjei U. @Patrick H.? 🙂

as long as we are still allowed to go for a run, I'm currently running ~twice a week

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

in preparation for the isolated Linz-Marathon replacement run tomorrow, I assume? 😉

oh come one ... now I just shaved (last weekend) 😛

Got a jabra headset for zoom calls a few weeks back too, its great!

Still have to figure out which button hides the mute function, probably time to download a manual.

you are searching for the mute button? it's the one on top of the right earcup (not on the side), next to the headband.

however, did you also realize the automatic mute function when you just turn up the mic?
that's actually one of the best features IMHO 🙂

just checking ...

<script>alert('not good!');</script>

ok, doesn't look too bad at first sight ... 😉

alison_jacques
Newcomer

Greetings from the Natick, MA office!

cheers from Gdansk, Poland! 🙂

morella_urbina
Newcomer

I had to re-purpose my home office for a family member, so now my living room table serves as an extra-large desk! Plenty of space for what I need...

looks like we both enjoy being in the center of family life 😄 since two weeks, my family is not able to eat a diner all together, as half of the table is occupied by my working stuff 😉

#meToo

That's why I had to extend the table by additional removable parts. I think I have never had such a long table 🙂

Dynatrace Managed expert

Christian_Pirng
Dynatracer
Dynatracer

Shared workspace - guess who's the owner! 🙂

you have a swing, a slide and a ball pit ... I guess the owner is: you?! 😉

and: I totally envy you for that stuff! 🙂

that's so cool! and I won't show it to my kids by no means 😛

pahofmann
Champion

The setup for my homeoffice was decent already. A Jabra headset was a good addition for the many zoom calls though.

Next task on the list is to adapt the smart home to be aware of me being in homeoffice, so the robot vacuum doesn't start its journey during meetings 🙂

That is a sick screen setup you've got!

I had the same previously. Vertical screen is very cool for apps ending with "k" : Outlook, Slack, Facebook... 😄

Dynatrace Managed expert