Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

MaciejNeumann_0-1617270314585.png

Hello Dynatrace Community! 

The new month has started, and this means that we have for you a new Community Member of the Month interview. Let’s all congratulate @DanielS, thank you for being with us! With our move to the new forum engine, Daniel became very active in our community, starting many interesting conversations and helping others with their questions. He also provided some very valuable feedback about the forum itself, which help us a lotHere is an interview with him: 

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work and what do you do in your job? 

I love IT and computers from an early age. I am devoted reader of Isaac Asimov Robots, Empire, and Foundation stories since I was a teenager. With all that stories in my mind as inspiration, I always knew that someday I would become a Computer Engineer and when the opportunity came I did it. I worked for the government, in privately held companies, and now on my own company of consulting services Dosbyte. 

What is your story with Dynatrace? Why did you start using our products and for what project? 

I believe that what is monitored can be measured therefore it can be improved. So, in 2017, with one of my strategic partners (a software selling company who last year became Dynatrace Partner of the year, SOLA) we choose Dynatrace as the Observability Platform for modern enterprises. In 2018 I get my Certified Associate badge and renew it in 2020.  

My first project with Dynatrace was an important bank that needed observability in its Mobile Apps. When they saw all that Dynatrace had to offer, I sat on the table with other departments, and step by step Dynatrace became omnipresent.  

MaciejNeumann_1-1617270314589.png

Have you ever had any interesting use case for Dynatrace product that you found out to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it? 

Also, I remember two challenging projects. The first one was to dictate online and presential courses for users of other monitoring tools. They knew about the subject, but they need to understand all the problems that Dynatrace could handle and why is a light year ahead of competition. And the second one was on an insurance company; our stakeholder was Marketing. I propose to use Dynatrace to get insights to help Marketing to get information to the Business, when the board saw things that they didn’t know, they started to ask for more and they continue till today. 

What brought you to our community? What is your best memory about it? 

My best memory about the Dynatrace Community was about a particular post where like in a melting pot, experienced users and Dynatrace employees were discussing “face to face” about it, for me that was priceless.  

MaciejNeumann_2-1617270314577.png

And how about your life outside the IT – what is your biggest passion? 

Outside of “the Matrix” my biggest passions are to cook and play with my kids the bigger one, my king toddler, and my little twin queens; read books where I could recommend my last ones Yuval Noah Harari “Sapiens” and "American Kingpin" by Nick Bilton; watch movies where I could recommend Nine Queens (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247586/) and last but not least to make trekking on the wild.  

Thank you for the interview, Daniel! It’s real pleasure to have you with us. Asimov’s The End of Eternity was an incredible read for me, for sure I have to check out his other books 😊  

3 Comments