cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

Member_2_600x300.png

We're happy to announce that in June the Community Member of the Month award goes to Sujit Singh!

@Sujit  is a Community member fascinated with Dynatrace possibilities, eager to learn, and with a strong sense of helping others. Feel invited to read and meet another interesting character from the world of Dynatrace Community!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you tell us a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work and what do you do in your job?
I currently work as a Dynatrace Expert with DXC Technology in India, where my work is centered around client engagement, issue redressal, and product optimization within the financial domain. Irrespective of beginning my professional journey in 2005, with Verizon Data Services, it was not until 2012, that I was introduced to Dynatrace as a field of learning.

It was in CGI that I started working on AppMon and it was fascinating to witness how client issues could be mapped and addressed with flexibility in creating business transactions, and the right setup values could be detected through sensor establishment. In 2015, when I was elevated to my next role of Application Performance Manager within the Dynatrace ecosystem it allowed me to broaden my scope of work to include multiple configurations like Synthetic and Infrastructure Monitoring, Load Testing, Performance Tuning, and upscaling based on performance reports. All the while, breeding an incremental interest in the field. Come early 2019, I attended my first in-person Dynatrace Perform in Las Vegas, and got a chance to meet Andreas Grabner, Alois Mayr, Daniel Kaar, Klaus Enzenhofer, Reinhard Pilz, and Michael Taylor and was blown away by their infectious vigour towards Dynatrace.

In December 2020, I wanted to transform my experiential learning and make it more focused therefore I studied and completed my Dynatrace Professional Certification and focused on ‘OpenShift Container Platform’ Cloud Platforms, Kubernetes, and continue to do so while in DXC Technology. From a JAVA Developer to a Dynatrace Expert, the journey has been gratifying with regular spikes of learning and lessons from other domain experts.

CMOM - Picture 3.jpg CMOM - Picture 2.jpg

What is your story with Dynatrace? Why did you start using our platform and for what project?

In CGI, I still remember vividly, when I opened AppMon and saw the transaction communication as a visually stimulating graph, I just fell for this software. It was a sheer interest that I would spend hours as a daily ritual listening to - experts from Dynatrace University, nudge Youtube videos in - Perform, and would continue to test my learnings in the client environment. As I continued to provide performance and anomaly insights to clients, their systems became more stabilized. The tool that caught my attention in 2015 was OneAgent - it simply cuts all manual setup and provides better clarity on the monitoring aspects. It's amazing how almost everything gets captured by Dynatrace’s genius - ‘DAVIS’.

One of the most unique aspects of Dynatrace is its ability to upgrade its products monthly. I started when Dynatrace had version 1.159 and today, on reflection I see how many of its features have been enhanced. Security Gateway has changed to ActiveGate, AppMon data has been transferred to Dynatrace, Log Monitoring allows to see all important data at a glance with its transition into version 2 and both PurePath page and Dashboard components have improved significantly. My favorite out of the lot has been the multidimensional analysis that allows me to create custom metrics based on complex requirements.

Have you ever had any interesting use cases for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?

I have been enamored by Dynatrace, but while client conversations happen, experts sitting across the table would challenge the efficacy of Dynatrace over other monitoring tools. And that's fair because people come from different lived experiences. But, as a technical person, you want people to believe in your ideas and the solutions you provide. Saying so, there can be endless encounters with the Dynatrace platform that continues to mesmerize me but something that comes in intrinsically is an episode that has particularly left a lasting impression on my persuasive engagement with the client.

One client application I was working with was running on Web Service; which made it call the third party. Every time we would hear about an outage it would have some links to the Web Service, but the client would fail to identify the operation name because there were several operations running parallelly. I tried creating requests and segregating each operation with a name, and with just that tweak it just took minutes for the client to find the operation that triggered the recurring outage and the issue just resolved forever. That day the client was not only impressed but equally convinced why Dynatrace remained to be efficient over other tools.

CMOM - Picture 1.jpg

What brought you to our Community? What is your best memory about it?
My interest to explore Dynatrace as a catalyst to resolve challenging issues at work brought me to this community. I wanted to connect with peers and experts including Dynatrace Engineers and share my own learnings and ideas that had the potential for future upgradation of Dynatrace.

One of my best memories within the community has been an article that I read about ‘Kubernetes cluster’. I had always known that if we change the management zone; the Kubernetes cluster count will be the same, while other values will keep changing based on the selection. But, I had never got a rationale for it, till I stumbled upon this article that explicitly wrote about it.

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?
CMOM - ARTICLE quote photo - Sujit Singh.png

I have always been fascinated with the gamut of things that are possible with Dynatrace and hence curious and have a felt responsibility as a user, to ensure that Dynatrace continues to evolve into something consistent and more user-friendly. Therefore, I am consistent in my approach to contributing to the Community.

What part or parts of the Dynatrace Community do you like the most?
Well, if I have to zero down what I like about the Dynatrace community it will be difficult but within the Community, there are spaces where I usually spend a lot of my time and that is - Open Question and Answers, Best Practices, and Dynatrace Product Ideas. While I can place equal weightage on three of these areas yet the forum of question answers empowers me with knowledge regularly. I look at potential and recurring issues and in order to respond to it I continue to research even outside the community and that's what helps me understand Dynatrace better. With the best practices zone, I feel we not only understand the working standards or ethical guidelines that provide the best course of action within a situation but features like the use of tagging, database-related transactions, and DNS issues also benefit us equally.

As users, having the opportunity to propose new things based on our requirements in product areas can also be an enriching experience. From users, we become potential creators of futuristic and innovative ideas.

And how about your life outside IT – what is your biggest passion?

My biggest passion remains running, being in IT a lot of people talk about not having adequate time and motivation to usually invest in other engagements. But, I have been an epitome of discipline for my family and friends due to my consistency in honouring fitness with my passion for work. Running, every day just isn't easy because - you need to manoeuvre the determination to continue even when you don't see results. But, I have continued to do so over the last eight years and that's brought in mental toughness and the dedication just flows into everything that I do in life.

CMOM - Picture 5.jpg

It would also be great if you could share with us your favourite movie, song, and/or a book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.

My all-time favourite movie has been ‘Captain Phillips’ - we all have a deep interest in anything that's surreal. While most of us imagine pirates to be an agency of the past, the movie brings about a true story of leadership with its protagonists fighting their way out to serve their purpose. What makes it interesting for me is how in life we continue to strive for what we believe to be true even if that becomes the reason for our turbulent realities we consistently plan and fight for it.

CMOM - Picture 4.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sujit, in your work you're involved in the process of refining and improving a product to make it more valuable to existing users and more attractive to new ones. In Dynatrace culture, we promote delivering value as a key factor in customer success, so we're happy to see that in practice you help to make changes and adjustments to Dynatrace and that you help others in the Community to get the best out of our platform.

11 Comments