cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

EMOM_January2023.png

Life is unpredictable. We start our journey thinking that we will go in one direction, but then, due to surprising turn of events, we sometimes end up in a different place completely. It's hard to see right away whether the change was for better or worse, what we can be sure of is that this change led to something new 😉

Our Employee Member of the Month for January, Arturo Mondelo, has gone through many changes in his life.
And as you’ll see later, he’s very content with where he the road has taken him.

Every day is different, especially in the IT environment where you work with customers who need your help. While really challenging, it can also be quite exciting. It’s hard to get bored while meeting new people and facing new challenges arising in front of you, which makes such work a great opportunity to develop, learn and grow. And when you see everything as an opportunity, your workplace and the world around become a more interesting place.

What feeds @arturo_mondelo curiosity and drives him in his work and personal life? Read the article about him and find out.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, and how it happened that you decided to work in IT / APM area?
I came to IT from a chemistry background. I'm curious and have always had the need to understand why things work and how we can affect them. I liked the lab and hands-on experiments, but after some time without having many opportunities on the market, I started to work on other areas, not related at all! One of those roles was related to rating the quality of searches and doing translations, where the use of the computer started to become regular on the day-to-day job. I started by self-learning IT and then moved to dedicated courses, which opened the doors to the IT sector, first as a trainee, then consultancy.

Arriving at APM was just a "Single twist of fate". My previous company had a demand to cover, for one of their clients, a profile on the APM space. I was truly interested in the topic, even though the tooling on those days was not amazing. After a while, AppMon was contracted by this client, and since then, I’ve been using Dynatrace Products! DC RUM, AppMon, Dynatrace. This was almost 8 years ago, and I’m still facing new challenges and options since we never stop improving our capabilities!

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? What is your role in the company, and what do you do in your job? 
My current role is Lead Consultant on the ACE Services Team. My day-to-day job is to help and drive our customers to benefit from our products in all aspects - from automation, best practices, training, and workshops. No day is like the previous one!

Although (sometimes 😉) is tricky to deal with people, I enjoy meeting new people from different cultures and backgrounds. This role is an excellent incubator of these relationships, and I can't remember the number of clients I work with or help. Of course, the pandemic changed our lives completely, and becoming remote first means that it is a bit harder to establish mid- or long-term relationships, but of course still possible, as we do with many of Dynatrace's customers.

What do you like the most about the Dynatrace platform? What parts of Dynatrace do you use?
Really, I use every piece of the tool. We’re challenged every day by customers, so all the areas are covered frequently. The part that amazes me is the related services and all the defaults it brings to the table - detection, correlation, anomalies - as well as all the further configurations and capabilities that can be added!

Have you ever had any interesting use cases for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?
One interesting thing that I was involved in was related to a Public Sector Company, helping them to identify massive reservations on their public offering, blocking their system, and establishing a black market. Dynatrace was able to identify those origins so that they could block them. This is just a recent example of how we can help our customers!

With my family on Disneyland Paris! Kids don’t stop asking to go back again…With my family on Disneyland Paris! Kids don’t stop asking to go back again…

What brought you to our Community? What is your best memory about it?
Trying to help others with similar interests and doubts as I have! My best memories were always when someone answered with a “Thanks” or “That worked”! It is inspiring and challenging at the same time!

What part or parts of the Dynatrace Community do you like the most?
Open QA, Product Ideas are the top ones I visit and review. Also, the Community Hub and the challenges are taking more and more interest to me! It is good to know more about all the Community members!

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?EMOM_January2023_quote.png

And how about your life outside IT – what is your biggest passion?
I'm a sports fan, especially enjoying basketball and football, but my family is my main, biggest passion. We have two kids (8 and 4 years old), and we see how they grow so fast! Traveling with them and meeting new people and places is just awesome! Our latest trip was so special for our kids since we visited Paris and spent a couple of days at Disneyland. We all enjoyed it so much!

And I need to mention another family member that is our dog. We enjoy going on a walk together, especially in good weather!

Walk with our kids and our dog.Walk with our kids and our dog.
It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song and/or book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.
My favorite singers are Nacho Vegas and Xoel Lopez (to mention some Spanish ones I really enjoy!). Worth to listen to both!

Que te vaya bien, Miss carrusel - Nacho Vegas

Xoel López - Ningún Nombre, Ningún Lugar (En Directo desde Wizink Center)

Regarding books, one of those that marked me was "La Colmena" by Camilo José Cela. “Single&Single” by John Le Carrè was another of those books that really made an impact, as well as “La Peste” by Albert Camus. Also, I would like to recommend anything from Juan Jose Millas or Eduardo Mendoza, as they are my favorite authors! And one of my favorite quotes is “Crime is no longer a fact outside the State, if it ever has been. Today the magnitude of the profits is too great to leave crime in the hands of criminals.” Single&Single, John Le Carrè

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When we’re focused on helping others, we’re more willing and interested in acquiring knowledge. We ask more questions, seek to understand why things are the way they are.

Arturo, we’re very happy that you see Community as a place where you can do all those things! We wish you to always find new things to look into and dig deeper into what is around you.

Let’s stay curious together with our Community and turn everything that comes our way into an opportunity to grow in many directions 😊

9 Comments