cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

xxxx_TW_1600x900_FINAL-3.png

Life is like an ocean. It can be calm and still or rough and rigid. No matter how big the waves are, you have to stay afloat - swim through or let it carry you wherever. But in the end, there’s always calm and beauty after the storm.

In a way, life is like a ship, too. Sometimes, all you need is a change of direction of the wind in your sails to get to where you’re destined to be. Read the article and see what ship Radosław Jasiński (@radek_jasinski)  boarded, and where brought him on his journey through the ocean of life.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, and how it happened that you decided to work in the IT / APM area?

The beginning of my career in IT was extremely fascinating and full of unexpected twists and turns, which made me completely change my professional priorities over time. It all started during my studies at the Maritime Academy when I was looking for a summer job that would allow me to earn money for my student expenses. Most of my classmates snapped up internships on ships, and I slept through the moment and there was not enough room for me. So, I sent my CV to an IT company because they were looking for someone for a Helpdesk, and what I didn't expect - I got in! 

In the beginning, when I still had no experience in this industry, I didn't think that working for an IT company could be more than a temporary job. My dreams revolved around conquering the seas and oceans; computers were just a different world. However, it wasn't long after I started working that I began to see the potential and opportunities the world of technology brought.

As time went on, I became more and more involved in my work. I started to gain experience and knowledge, which convinced me that IT was more than a temporary job. Within a short time, I was promoted and joined the department dealing with performance analysis and application optimization. Here I had the opportunity to work with solutions from BMC and Compuware, which helped to monitor and improve application performance.

In 2012, I had my first contact with the AppMon tool and fell in love with its capabilities.

Beach in Gdynia ... this is where it all starts ... how many times I worked sitting on this sand :)Beach in Gdynia ... this is where it all starts ... how many times I worked sitting on this sand 🙂

Can you tell us a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work, and what do you do in your job? And how does Dynatrace fit into the picture?

Currently, I have been with Spica Solutions for almost 10 years as a Senior Sales Engineer, where I am responsible for implementing a comprehensive DevOps approach with our clients. Within my role, I deal with solutions that integrate development and operations processes, aiming for efficiency and excellent performance. In this context, Dynatrace plays a key role, being one of the main pillars of our projects.

Using the Dynatrace platform, I can provide solutions and services that span all levels of the client organization. Starting with developers, whom I help to optimize and monitor the performance of their applications, which is extremely important in today's digital world. At the same time, my work also extends to the executive level, providing them with valuable data and metrics to help them make strategic decisions and improve their organization's performance.

This role is not only extremely fascinating but also a significant challenge, as it helps to create synergies between the development and operations teams, accelerating software delivery processes and improving the quality of service provided to our customers.

LEFT: Nice photo must go in. / RIGHT: Spica Solutions team cycling training.LEFT: Nice photo must go in. / RIGHT: Spica Solutions team cycling training.

What was the biggest challenge Dynatrace helped you to overcome?

Oh, there were many such challenges. However, what has remained in my most vivid memory is the various 'War Rooms' during bank mergers. There were all sorts of problems, time pressure, and huge responsibilities in such situations. I remember sitting in a room together with many application providers and the customer, using Dynatrace to analyze each bug and bottleneck. Then, we would pinpoint what needed to be improved. These problem-solving marathons could last for days, and we only managed to catch sleep for a while on the couch in the corridor.

What brought you to our Community? What made you stay? What best advice can you give someone who just started using Community?

What brought me here? First and foremost, my desire to gain knowledge that I couldn't get from my projects. In today's world of technology, there are so many aspects, and it’s impossible to achieve an in-depth knowledge of all of them. 
CMOM_Radek_Quote.png

Being in such an environment not only increases my knowledge but also inspires me to implement better solutions in projects and with clients. This gives me the opportunity to continually develop and deliver greater value to both myself and my clients. And in general, the second Member of the Month award is great. 😊

Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your biggest joy or passion in life?

I have three main passions: cycling, motorbikes, and sailing. Whenever I get the chance, I take my laptop with me and travel to different parts of the world where I can work remotely and pursue my favorite hobbies at the same time. For some time now, my wife, who, like me, is passionate about the same hobbies, has also entered the equation.

On a motorcycle trip to Estonia.On a motorcycle trip to Estonia.

What’s one thing on your bucket list? Your dream?
To travel the route from Cape Town (Africa) to Nordkapp (Norway) by motorbike - the question is, will my boss give me that much free time to do it? XD

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Radek, we're happy to have you onboard! We appreciate your involvement with the Community and see that many Community members greatly appreciate your help. Keep going and remember that even though the IT world seems to be an endless ocean, you’re on the Dynatrace boat with a great crew. :muscle:

13 Comments