There are dozens of thousands of questions, product ideas, and other types of content in the Dynatrace forums. Below you can learn about different ways of successfully navigating through it.
This is the quickest way to find the information you need in the Dynatrace Community.
Each page has a search bar at the top. Use it to find any type of posts (including ideas, questions, and articles), as well as users and places in the forums. Start typing and see if anything fits your request on the list of suggestions; if not, press Enter to access the full search results page where you can sort and filter the content for higher relevance.
The results can be sorted by:
- Number of views
- Number of kudos (likes)
- Number of replies
- Best match
By using any of the listed below filtering options you can precise your search:
- Location in the forums
- Author of the content
- Metadata (if the question was solved and has the best answer or the post was kudoed/liked)
- Type of the post (whether it is a question, an idea, a blog post, TKB, or just a normal post in the forum)
- Contains (an image, a video, or an attachment)
If you need to narrow your search even further, use advanced search modifiers in your request:
- Use quotes to search for an "exact phrase"
- Use the plus sign to search for +one +or +more +keywords
- Use the minus sign to -exclude -certain -words from your search
You can also use the “Advanced Search” feature to set up the way search results are to be displayed:
- In the form of a topic or a post
- Number of posts to display per page
- Whether you want to see the topics without replies
Questions with an accepted answer will be marked as such.
You can use the top navigation bar if you are not looking for any particular post and would rather explore a specific topic. All our forums are grouped in a way to make it convenient to search for related content. The most popular topics, such as Dashboards or Alerting, have separate sub-forums, which you can also subscribe to.
Subscribing to sub-forums
Dynatrace Community structure
- Dynatrace Open Q&A – a Q&A forum for any Dynatrace-related questions. Post here if a question doesn’t fit into any specific sub-forum.
- Cloud platforms - Questions about AWS, Azure, GCP, and Alibaba.
- Container platforms - Questions about Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, and more.
- Alerting – everything related to alerting and problem detection. Configuration, custom alerts – all in one place.
- Dashboarding – a sub-forum dedicated to Dynatrace dashboards and charts.
- Real User Monitoring – all topics around RUM, user session monitoring, and key user actions.
- Synthetic Monitoring – for the browser monitors, HTTP monitors, synthetic locations, and other synthetic monitoring-related topics.
Tips and tricks
- Getting started - all basic questions answered in one place. A great starting point for new Community members!
- Dynatrace tips – various tips, tricks, and workarounds for Dynatrace.
- R&D updates
- Dynatrace API – everything about how to use Dynatrace’s REST API to get the most out of Dynatrace.
- Extensions – all topics around plugins, extensions, or apps, including extensions shared by our Community members.
- Integrations - everything about integrating Dynatrace with 3rd party tools and applications.
- Dynatrace product ideas – the most innovative space in the entire Community and the kingdom of the Dynatrace Product Managers. Here you vote on and submit product ideas for Dynatrace.
- Feedback channel – a single place for topics where we proactively ask for your use cases before we implement a new solution.
- Community user groups - a space for groups focused around a particular topic, geo-location, or language.
- Community news – all Community updates in one place: monthly newsletter, forum upgrades, new forum features, Community announcements, and awards.
- Community challenges – a space dedicated to Community challenges. Follow it to be notified about the new ones!
- Community discussions – everything around the Dynatrace Community: questions, ideas, suggestions, issues, informal discussions, as well as questions about other support resources.
- Community user guide - Community guidelines and useful tips and tricks for using the forum.
- Events and webinars - a place where you can find all events about Dynatrace, both virtual and happening in the real world.
- About the DynaMights - a place where you can learn about the Dynatrace Super User Program.
- Hall of fame - meet all of our DynaMights here!