cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Process group

ahadnoor
Visitor

Hello,

I want to merge all the different deployment config pods log to one Process group. The deployment configs naming convention is like <application_name>-<version>-<date><month>. For example hello-world-v1-1-0-20mar, hello-world-v1-2-0-21apr, hello-world-v1-3-0-22may.

To achieve that I created an advanced detection rule but still it's not working. I have tried chnaging the value such as hello-world-v, hello-world-v*, hello-world-. But none of them worked. One agent automatically define the Kubernetes base Pod name like: <application_name>-v*-*<month>. I know I can represent the month value as digit by why DT not replacing the month value with an asterisk as well? 

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 1.33.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-03 at 1.38.35 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hello.

For several Customers to avoid problems with automatic rules we control Process Groups with Environment variable DT_CLUSTER_ID.

With this approach we don't need additional rules, and for Application teams it is also very simple to define and manage.

Romanenkov_Al3x_1-1680505243931.png

Maybe to try with Process Group extraction rules, to try extract and have this process group name "hello-world" instead hello-world-v*-*-*-*mar. (test-deployment-k*c-t*n)

Romanenkov_Al3x_2-1680507999881.png

Also if it possible I will be try with different settings for namespace in "Settings > Processes and containers > Cloud application and workload detection"

Regards,

Alex Romanenkov

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

Hello, 
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it didn't work. As the base pod name gets changed every time it creates a new process group with the same name but a different kubernetes base pod name.

"Settings > Processes and containers > Cloud application and workload detection" solve the issue

Unfortunately there's no way to modify the extracted content. You can just make it ignore the month by putting a placeholder as first char and before the month itself. For example let

hello-world-v1-3-0-22may

become

#hello-world-v1-3-0-22#may

And then in extraction rule delimit name between # and # so it will become

hello-world-v*-*-*-* for all of them

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Could you please elaborate on where I have to define the Placeholder? In Advance Detection Rule?

Featured Posts