cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Zone with object inheritance in Kubernetes

a238574
Visitor

I am working with several Kubernetes clusters with 100's of namespaces. I am trying to set up Management zones to break up the resources based on namespace names. With my initial tries I don't seem to be inheriting the objects within the namespace in my management zone. I am hoping there is a simple solution

3 REPLIES 3

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @a238574 

I'm not quite sure if this covers everything that is wanted, but with this you should see all workloads and pods in one namespace:

andre_f_1-1661411738635.png

If something is missing you can write again what exactly should be included in the management zone.

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

@a238574 In case the namespace itself, process groups and/or services should also be visible, these rules can be added.

For namespace:

andre_f_0-1661415646646.png

For process groups and services:

andre_f_1-1661415709549.png

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

@andre_f I think your suggestion misses the point of this RFE which IMO is precisely about NOT having to create additional rules for any monitored entity types associated with a namespace, including workloads, containers, process groups, services and whatever else there can be.

Furthermore, there exists an optional Kubernetes component called Hierarchical Namespace Controller which can be installed for a cluster in order to structure namespaces hierarchically and can be really useful to manage huge numbers of namespaces. I think it would be nice if this could also be leveraged to structure management zones hierarchically across namespaces themselves....

Featured Posts