cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node information and workload on pods

IslamEsmail
Contributor

How to know which workload running on which nodes from Dynatrace in direct way?

12 REPLIES 12

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Can you describe your need in a little more detail?

Have a nice day!

i need an GUI show as tree the nodes and the contained workload on it

Directly there is no such possibility in Dynatrace Managed. I know that support has access to such a console and making it available is linked to an additional licence (license issue I am not 100% sure of). I think you can ask support about this.

Have a nice day!

as example in the demo environment could you clarify about this workload "authentication-operator" running in which node

Wait, because I have the impression that I did not understand your question. Do you want to see the load on the Dynatrace cluster nodes, or the Kubernetes nodes monitored by Dynatrace?

Have a nice day!

i want to see where is this workload "authentication-operator" "exist on which nodes

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this. If no one replies then I would recommend contacting support.

*I have moved your topic to the correct subcategory on the forum.

Have a nice day!

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello @IslamEsmail 

If I understood you correctly then below screenshot navigation path will help you

Under Pods you can see the node information

RazTN7X_0-1700474167221.png

RazTN7X_0-1700473091953.png

Cheers!

RN

Have a nice day!

I had forgotten about this:) Thank you @RazTN7 !

Have a nice day!

i cant see the node name , would you clarify

RazTN7
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Definition of node name please? if you are referring to "kubectl get nodes" which can be also called as hostname then please follow below steps:

1. Under Dynatrace search panel search as "Kubernetes workloads" this will list all workloads

2. In filter use Workload name as "authentication-operator" as per your need in demo environment 

3. Click on authentication-operator and scroll down to Pods

4. here you will see Pod running on which Host and IP details

5. If you click on Host this will take you through host virtual/physical server with Performance, Network, Disk, Process details.

Still not clear please let us know.

Cheers!

RN

Have a nice day!

thanks for your effort I got it and found out that the Kube nodes is = Dynatrace host

Featured Posts