cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent not sending data for short-lived ECS Fargate tasks

rbonneragltd
Newcomer

We have been using runtime injection of OneAgent to monitor our long-running ECS Fargate services. In doing so, we see both host and process data streaming to Dynatrace.

Recently we have added short-running ECS Fargate tasks (not services) to our workflow. These tasks run for a sub-minute duration and then terminate.

The task definitions that we use for these short-lived tasks have the same runtime injection configuration for OneAgent as the long-running ECS Fargate services. When these short-lived tasks run, I can see that the OneAgent installation logs match those of the long-running ECS Fargate services, so there does not appear to be an issue with the initialization of the agent.

However, we do not see these short-lived tasks register as hosts in Dynatrace, nor do we see any service/process level metrics related to these tasks in Dynatrace.

If I were to guess, this may be because the agent may not have enough time to send the data to Dynatrace before the task is terminated by ECS (despite seemingly having installed/initializing properly).

Is there a different way that I should be sending data from short-lived tasks (using OneAgent or otherwise)?

0 REPLIES 0

Featured Posts