cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPS metrics Dashboard

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Has anyone created any DPS Licensing dashboard yet?

In demo we have a really cool Licensing Dashboard that I loved to use in my previous account. But now, I am running a DPS account, so the metrics are different.

I was about to create a new dashboard, since found none created in demo, but facing hard time to understand the new metrics. So, has anyone already created one so I can borrow it? 😁

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl
11 REPLIES 11

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@dannemca I've worked with customers across all types if Dynatrace License models. We have a DPS licensing dashboard, this dashboard is very in-depth and covers all environments with the ability to click into a specific environment and get even more granular with the consumption. 

ChadTurner_0-1695297118201.png

-Chad

@dannemca is it enough for you? 😉 

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

It does helps, but I am not satisfied yet. Let's see if someone else has others examples to share.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Pierre_L
Helper

We just moved to DPS for 2024 and I was also searching for some inputs to build a dashboard.
I made the dashboard below, if it can give you ideas.
I use a fix timeframe : 2023-12-31 to now
It's not 100% accurate, 2 metrics are missing in data explorer (only available in notebook) :
- Cost for Automation Workflows
- Cost for AppEngine Functions

DPS dashboard.png

Observability Consultant - Dynatrace Associate

Hi @Pierre_L 

Wonder if you can share the dashboard json with all of us 

Thanks in advance 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman 

To compute the price, I need to specify for each metric the unit rate which is a non-disclose information.

It will take time to me to mask all the data in the json.

Nevertheless, this below few requests for example :

Full-stack

((builtin:billing.full_stack_monitoring.usage_per_host:splitBy():default(0, always))*x.xxxxx)
:setunit(Euro)

x.xxxxx will be the unit rate

If your rate is 500$ per 100.000 memory-gibibyte-hours

Then the rate is 0.005 per 1 memory-gibibyte-hours

So the value in the request will be *0.005

Total consumed

(
((builtin:billing.full_stack_monitoring.usage_per_host:splitBy():default(0, always))*x.xxxxx)
+
((builtin:billing.infrastructure_monitoring.usage:splitBy():default(0, always))*x.xxxxx)
+
[...]
)
:setunit(Euro)

Total consumed in %

(
(
+
((builtin:billing.infrastructure_monitoring.usage:splitBy():default(0, always))*x.xxxxx)
+
[...]
)
/(your_total_budget)
*(100)
)
:setUnit(Percent)

Understood @Pierre_L thanks for the explanation,

BTW finding this hardcoded cost a bit cumbersome in terms of updates over the years and chancing of costs.

It would be a good product idea to get those cost information with in metrics which will replace the hardcoded cost.  

All the best and stay safe

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman 

You're welcome.

You totally right, I made this new one for 2024 and I will be review it each year to adjust values if needed.

You suggestion will help for sure.

gbaudart
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Pierre_L,
This dashboard is pretty cool 😎

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

MaikBlecker
Frequent Guest

Hi @ChadTurner, hi @Pierre_L , really cool dps dashboards!

Is there an option to share the json here?

Featured Posts