cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data explorer/new "Default" settings use cases?

MarcosZ
Participant

Hi, Everyone,

Hope you are doing well.
I find there is a new column I could use in data explorer, which is "Default"
in the doc, it said I could "Set Default to the desired default value."
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/explorer#default-by 

and with the screenshot I shared, I have two same metrics and the only different setting is on the Default column.
I'm a bit confused is this setting would just fill up a number I set in the Default column with the time between14:47~14:52(red part)? or are there any more use cases with this setting?

image-1.png

I'm not sure did I use "the default setting "in the right way, but I think if it just fills up a value I set in the metric/dashboard, it might be a bit strange for me 😮 so I wanna check is there any more useful use cases that doc didny mentioned or I could take advantage of. thank you 🙂

FYI, the advanced mode query are
builtin:cloud.azure.appService.traffic.requests:splitBy():count:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(1):default(50.0):timeshift(0d)

and

builtin:cloud.azure.appService.traffic.requests:splitBy():count:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(1):timeshift(0d)

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @MarcosZ,

as far as I know that the default value is the value that the graph will present until the correct calculation is reflected, for instance, if you have selected the last 10 min or 5 mins you will see that default value as the actual value still not reflected or calculated, and if you select the previous -20m to -10m you will find the calculated data, so the default value is the value that the graph will present in the state while calculating/get the exact value.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

hi  Mohamed,

im wondering if i set a default value in the dashboard tile, would it be misleading when i check the dashboard afterwards? because the default value isnt real calculated value, it is a temporary value i made up.

Best,

Marcos

Hi @MarcosZ,

I think you can leave it empty, so the last calculated value will be the default one until get new data, and it is typically a couple of minutes. and it will override the default value.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Featured Posts