cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to embed Dynatrace dashboard into our web application

biju_oommen
Newcomer

I am trying to embed Dynatrace dashboard into our web application. How do I do it? If I change the X-Frame-Options will it work? If so where do I make the change to X Frame Options

6 REPLIES 6

RomanW
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Biju! Embedding dashboards via iFrames is something we deliberately block due to security concerns. We will come up with a high level dashboard API that would give you the possibility to fetch a dashboards data and render it in your own web application, should you wish.

Any ETA for this?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

RomanW
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Q4 2018 - make sure to follow our online roadmap: http://bit.ly/dashboard-roadmap

Hi @Roman W.,

I have more two questions about this topic.

(1). Is this the same as Dynatrace Managed?
Is it impossible to disable X-Frame-Options even if I use Dynatrace Managed?
When using AppMon, I think I could disable X-Frame-Options after editing some config files for AppMon FrontendServer.

(2). What types of data can we get through API?

I'm sure that dashboard data from dynatrace API will be JSON files, so I have to write some scripts for charting with JSON files if I want to embed dynatrace dashboards into another web dashboard application.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Kohei Saito

RomanW
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Kohei!

To your second point, it will basically be improvements to our existing timeseries API. We will also make sure, that it is easier to get the data for existing chats by providing the exact call for the API out of the box. Additionally, we'll provide CSV export for charts and possibly additional formats.

Roman

Hi @Roman W.,

Thank you for your prompt response!

OK, I see.
I understand that this API provides CSV in addition to JSON.

Anyway, it seems that we should prepare some original charting engine for JSON or CSV to make charts for dynatrace data in other web applications.

Regards,

Kohei Saito

Featured Posts