cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimise the query to join multiple dimensions in Data Explorer

rgarzon1
Mentor

Hi

I've got this custom metric from a log resource, and I'm trying to figure out if I can optimize this query to get a cool SLO.

i have been giving it a shot, but I just can't seem to make it work

(
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","400")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","401")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","403")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","404")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","406")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","409")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","410")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","500")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","501")))):sum():default(0))
    +
 (log.azure.test.apiid:filter(and(or(eq("azuremngm.apiid",APIv1)),or(eq("azuremngm.responsecode","503")))):sum():default(0))
)
fuelled by coffee and curiosity.
2 REPLIES 2

rgarzon1
Mentor

i know that i can do something like this, but it just looks so awful that i refuse to accept that its the only way.
rgarzon1_0-1685388311605.png

rgarzon1
Mentor

at the end the easy way its use prefix

:filter(or(prefix("azuremngm.responsecode",4),prefix("azuremngm.responsecode",5))

Featured Posts