cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is API monitoring possible through Dynatrace (3rd Party APIs integrated with application)

deaphale
Newcomer

Is API monitoring possible through Dynatrace(3rd Party APIs integrated with application)

2 REPLIES 2

AlexanderSommer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi, I'm not sure if I understand the use case correctly. We already have different approaches to monitor 3'rd party providers. For example with real user monitoring we can monitor all 3'rd party requests loaded by the browser.
If you are using 3'rd party services within your own services, Dynatrace can monitor these 3'rd party services also: https://www.dynatrace.com/blog/monitor-3rd-party-s...

Or do you want to do synthetic monitoring for your 3'rd parties?

deaphale
Newcomer

@Alexander S.

Thanks a lot for your reply.In our case 3rd Party APIs will be residing on the different servers and our applications will be integrated with it.I am not sure if we will be allowed to deploy any agents on those 3rd party API servers.So may be we need to monitor API URLs only.So is there any way to do that. and also can you please let me know how synthetic monitoring will be useful in monitoring 3rd party APIs.Any kind of documentation will always be helpful.

Once again Thanks a lot for your reply!!

Featured Posts