cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring state API for process groups (/api/v2/monitoringstate)

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Dynatrace 1.261 introduced new API /api/v2/monitoringstate  for querying status of monitoring for process group instances. At first sight this looks as a replacement for legacy process group API v1.

It seems this API is not yet in the documentation , @jaroslaw_orlows can you give a look?

I'd like to ask folks using the API already how can you use it on a larger scale?

I ran into two issues severly limiting usage of this API:

• API does not support pagination and the response is limited to 500 entities. How do you use it? Querying entities indivudually is not really an effective way of API usage.
  • API does not seem to support filtering for monitoring state itself - typically I need to query processes where there an issue (like severity equals warning). There is just the healthState(UNHEALTHY) - which does not reflect the monitoring state.
Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

im right there with you on this @Julius_Loman. Have you made any headway with this?

-Chad

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@ChadTurner no, there is no progress I'm aware of. In the current state is not useful for us, we are still using the legacy v1 smartscape API for process groups (mostly detecting processes requiring restarts).

Yeah I tend to fall back on the Legacy methods even when they are "Deprecated" lol 

-Chad

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Looks like some of my wishes sometimes make it to the product 😁
In 1.275 there is finally pagination supported as described in release notes. Still waiting for filtering on the monitoring states :dynaspin:

MChrostowski
Observer

Hi,

I'd like to get a list of all process groups with status "restart_required". I supposed it should be entitySelector like this for monitoringState API: type("PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE"),healthState("HEALTHY"),state("restart_required") but there is response:

{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "Constraints violated.",
"constraintViolations": [
{
"path": "entitySelector",
"message": "Scope: state. Cannot deserialize value: \"restart_required\"",
"parameterLocation": "QUERY",
"location": null
}
]
}
}

We need such option for filtering to replace depracated API: .../api/v1/entity/infrastructure/processes?restartRequired=true&includeDetails=true.

Please help.

Michal

That's what I mentioned above. That API does not allow filtering on the severity or state value. You can only query by entitySelector and then iterate the output, which is far from being effective.

Featured Posts