cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster 241 Just Messed up every Markdown Tile using links

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

A week or so ago I put up a Post about text sizing and syntax that was changed in the UI for the Markdown tile. Yes it might have been a bit trivial. Now there is a bigger issue at hand. 

The 241 cluster update has broken all Markdown Tile Links on the dashboards. 

ChadTurner_0-1652790167937.png

The update introduced a space in between the #Dashboard, thus breaking the link. Now I have to correct millions of links over thousands of dashboards!? Seriously Dynatrace? Where is the R & D teams on these changes? 

ChadTurner_1-1652790278484.png

Link to the Text Issue that was reported Last Week: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/Why-don-t-we-have-automation-for-UI-Changes/td... 

-Chad
11 REPLIES 11

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Apologies, we're aware of this issue and preparing a hotfix. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

just curious, our release management is following an automated regression testing for already working features or its a manual regression?

KG

apasoquen1
Helper

I second Chad's frustrations.  I doubt we're the only users that utilize mark down tiles to craft SUITES of dashboards for our users.  Only to have them break because of a syntax change with a cluster update.

I believe I've said this in my past posts,  I'm all for innovation & improvements.  However, it SHOULD NOT BREAK functionality.

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Update from Support:

"This appears to be a known issue and the fix has been completed and is being rolled out to saas tenants right now.
Can you check back in about an hour to see if the issue has been fixed."

-Chad

Thanks Chad for the update. Just checked now and we have not received the hotfix but I'll monitor things for the day.

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hey @ChadTurner 

sadly yes.

Due to security reasons we had to update the library that we use for the markdown. Thus, good intentions! 

However, after the initial release we found a minor issue with headers, which we wanted to fix fast and in the process introduced another (bigger) issue, the one you mentioned.   

Since we are already rolling out the second fix, I am only left with apologising for not having detected this on our environments still and will assure you that next time we will make sure to test such updates and fixes thereof more thoroughly!

kind regards

Thomas 

Hi, please provide status

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Is the hotfix still rolling out? Our 3 tenants are still experiencing this issue. Thanks

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The hotfix is continuing to be rolled out today. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Thanks for info.  I confirmed that we received the update and dashboards are fixed.  Thanks for fixing.

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Yes, it hit us too and I had to fix some dashboards quickly before Senior VPs saw this.  

Featured Posts