Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

EOL Dynatrace Managed

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I can see new features in relation to Grail technology will be only available in SaaS version (per now).

Do you know if Dynatrace Managed is going to be discontinued? Do we need to migrate from Managed to SaaS?

Thank you so much.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl
7 REPLIES 7

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Dynatrace Managed continues to be a market-leading option for customers with mandatory on-premises requirements. Dynatrace is committed to supporting Managed customers and will continue to provide monthly product updates. The Managed Dynatrace roadmap does not include planned Grail support, as Grail was architected explicitly for SaaS and massive parallel processing.

One of the important actions you can do now is to precisely define your organization's blockers to upgrading your Dynatrace Managed to SaaS. List all the blockers and associated applications. Maybe not all monitored entities have equal requirements. Some might be moved to SaaS earlier, some later - a temporary hybrid deployment (SaaS and Managed) may be a good solution. Contact us to help you review the checklist and enable the frictionless upgrade.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dynatrace Managed will not be discontinued.
However, Grail will only be available on SaaS.

Radek

Have a nice day!

tibebe_m_digafe
Advisor

Hello,

Some related comments at https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/RFE-Managed-Cluster-Notification-send-alert-of-clus...

It's Grail at this time .. probably some future features would not be added to "Managed" if I understood the comment somewhere else regarding development effort to be focusing on SaaS.  

Thanks. 

balkhdoor
Visitor

Hello

Would then expect some features available on SAS and not available on managed?

Hi,

Yes, AppEngine, AutomationEngine, Grail, EdgeConnect... Only in SaaS. You can see them with "Latest Dynatrace" label in the documentation.

I do not know if some comparative table exist.

Best regards

Thank you! I was looking for that but I was not able to find it :clap:

Featured Posts