cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export the data from a multi-analysis view to excel

jcamps
Advisor

Hi all,

maybe it's a stupid question but, is there an easy way to export the data from a multi-analysis view to excel?

Regards, Josep Maria

16 REPLIES 16

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @jcamps 

No way to export directly data to Excel,

But you can use API to get data in json format (or csv for certain case) and convert to excel if you want.

We are using this method.

Have a good day.

Sharing Knowledge

Hi @Malaik ,

and with the API how can I get the information from a multi-analysis view? For one fixed service we want the median, percentile 90, avg and sum splitted by all the request names...

do you have some API call example showing how to do this?

With this call:

/api/v2/metrics/query?metricSelector=builtin%3Aservice.response.server%3A%28median%2C%20avg%2C%20percentile%2890%29%2C%20sum%29&resolution=Inf&from=2021-11-11T08%3A00%3A00%2B01%3A00&to=2021-11-11T09%3A00%3A00%2B01%3A00&entitySelector=entityId%28%22SERVICE-6A7A221E0D50BB4F%22%29

we get all the data for a global service but not splitted by request...

Regards! Josep Maria

A short answer is - you cannot do that in general. MDA has much stronger options and is calculated on the flight from service request data.

Some "simpler" MDA filters such as request count without splitting on the dimension of course match some of the built-in metrics and you can request them.

I really wish there would be an MDA API. There is already an RFE for it.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @jcamps

I dont have an exact example

but I think you can use /metrics/query in the API V2

Or for this specific case, I proceed like this.

I create 2 metrics (for avg and sum, but unfortunately not available for median and percentile)
After that I call a API for those metrics.

Or just specify the service in the entity selector with the aggregation...

Sharing Knowledge

@jcamps  I might have a solution to this, but I don't like it myself 😄

Let's assume you have Notepad++ [we will use this knowledge kindly provided by the internet https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45969411/notepad-rows-to-columns-in-groups]

Let's say that you ctrl+C, from the word "Dimensions" on the screen you shared to the bottom of the page:

y_buccellato_0-1637583288752.png

Let's say that you ctrl+V the copy content in a notepad++ page. Here you manually remove the line where you find "Actions":
letsassume.png

Now, while on notepad++, blindly press ctrl+H (Find and Replace) and insert the following:

• Find what: (?:[^\r\n]+\R){3}
  • Replace with: $0\n

and click on "replace all" > this will add a white line after each group of 3 line.

y_buccellato_1-1637583819702.png

and now proceed again by filling the "find and replace" form with those value:

• Find what: (\R)(?!\R)|(\R\R)
  • Replace with: (?1|:\n)

and press on "replace all" > this will separate your data correctly in column divided by |

The end result will look like this:

letsassumeagain.png

Now your data look good enough to  be in an excel sheet (where you can use this function to divide the data into columns); for example:

y_buccellato_3-1637585209259.png

Wrapping up: this solution is horrible but is also why it kinda make me smile 🙂 it's not the easy way, but it gets the data into our beloved excel.

Regards!

Hi   @y_buccellato ,

this owful solution is now my solution too 😞

Regards! Josep Maria

Yayyy!

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @y_buccellato 

Th second action didnt make anything for me

• Find what: (\R)(?!\R)|(\R\R)
  • Replace with: (?1|:\n)

I will check more.

Sharing Knowledge

Remember to Check the "Regular Expression" field when you are in the Replade window!

Asta la vista

hi 

could you please help me to write the automation for this 

we will do all the function in single click 

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi,

Probably what you need for this scenario is to create a metric with those conditions (https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/service-monito...) and after the metric is created you will be able to char, alert and pull that data.
Regards

Adding to rodrigo's suggestion, 

When you plot the same on to Dashboards, if you have dashboard powerups extension, you can directly export the data to excel. 

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Looks like Grafana and Kibana graphical tile 😄 very good job.

Still doesn't cover the multidimensional use case that our beloved community member was asking 🙂

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Please use the related product idea to vote: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Export-to-CSV-option-throughout-the-UI/id... 

EDIT/UPDATE: export to CSV is planned for Multidimensional analysis for services ;). 

Featured Posts