cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting logs in Log Sources and Storage

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We are currently trying to compare DT logging against out current logging solution.  To do this we need to add many many logs to DT Log Analytics across many hosts.  To do this we're using Settings->Log Sources and Storage.

The process is extremely slow and painful.  Every time we search for a log on a host it takes a long time to refresh the display, then we have to scroll down the list of already checked items (which is growing longer every time we add items), then we have to be super carefully to not accidently select a file from the different group (Host perspective, process group perspective) because it will clear out all your work if you slip.

Maybe we're missing something. Is there an more efficient way to be adding logs to DT Log Analytics? Are others experiencing issues with the UI?  I' fairly certain during Perform 2021 a new Log UI was presented, has anything happened since?

HigherEd
6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Not that I am aware of. If you are looking to add log files manually, that can be done via settings but it can be tedious. Its possible that with settings 2.0 things will speed up a bit and become more streamlined. Maybe an RFE would be the best option as it will allow you to raise this issue to the product developers.

-Chad

I also facing the same issue as stated above thread. I would like to see the application UI as if there is any tag added as include for logs, then it has to add automatically for future adding process groups rather than adding it manually. I believe this will not be a tedious feature to implement quickly. Looking forward to see a better solution for this problem ASAP.

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

The product team is aware that current log sources configuration is painful.

We are working on a revamped log sources UI with API support that would make the process hassle-free, and will report on it soon.

Can we get an update on this, just spent hours with this UI to accomplish what should have taken minutes. 

Hello Bill, this feature is currently under development and should be made available to the customers soon. I'm hoping that I will be able to bring some good news in CQ3 🙂 

got an early release of the new UI and it's much better. Needs a little more work, but it took hours out of managing newly discovered logs that do not need to be monitored. Would recommend to all who are managing log v2.

Featured Posts