cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Extension 2.0 sql query extension- Extension Signature is not valid

susmita_ally
Participant

We are trying to follow this documentation

https://developer.dynatrace.com/extensions-v2/dynatrace-extensions-vscode/guides/getting-started/?_g...

and upload this extension as a starting point, but we are seeing this error. any pointer is very helpful. Thank you

susmita_ally_0-1709316853281.png

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That error when trying to upload a signed extension to your environment would indicate that the certificate used when signing that built extension doesn't match a CA/root certificate in the credential vault.

This step in the guide in particular.

Since this step involves popups in the lower right that you need to click in it's likely that when generating your certificates this step to upload the certificate to the environment was skipped so I would try and redo that step of generating certificates making sure it gets uploaded successfully (e.g. no permission errors etc...)

You can also check the credential vault manually to see if your expected root certificate generated by the Add On is there.

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

A step by step video just came out: https://youtu.be/t9kHPKL9yKY?si=a4EI_F48Kd5Bga29

Mike
Dynatrace provides you with a framework that you can use to extend your observability into data acquired from a database using SQL queries against our supported databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, IBM, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP Hana, or Snowflake. Watch this hands-on tutorial where Vagiz Duseev ...

Hi All,
I'm trying to build and upload extension, this seems to be all good but getting an error message in VS code workspace as simulation not possible(A "simulator.json" configuration file is missing from this workspace). 
Could you please help me out to overcome this?

Thanks

Chaitanya

The simulate function is still being developed so there is no documentation for it yet. The simulator.json that it's requesting is very similar to the payload you see when creating an extension monitoring configuration through the in product UI.

Mike

Featured Posts