Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Custom Metric ext

elisag
Observer

Hi,

can i deactivate custom ext extensions?

I have these ext metric:

https://dt.clientdatamasked.com/e/84f19ffc-clientdatamasked-aebbb/ui/data-explorer?dashboardId=83fe0...

example:

ext:tech.IBM_i.JobQueue.HeldJobs

Can i deactivate this custom metric?

Consume a lot of DDU and i want to deactvivate it.

Thank you

Elisa

13 REPLIES 13

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That metric is coming from the IBM i extension. You can turn off that extension if you go to Settings -> Monitored technologies -> Custom Extensions -> IBM i and disable the endpoints.

I'd assume that someone installed it due to needing to monitor IBM i though, so make sure that you're not removing monitoring that someone needs.

Mike

Ho Mike,

i don't want to delete the custom extension monitoring but some of the custom ext metric for have little consume of DDU license.

It's possible? Or deactivate metric?

Thank you a lot

ELisa Gaiti

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That's not possible in a generic way. Many extensions have specific configurations to not monitor everything, such as the IBM i extension allowing you to select which jobs to monitor.

Mike

@Mike_L, What if we remove the reference from the metric in the extension zip, in files custom_ibm_i_plugin_remote.py and plugin.json, then re-zip and upload as a new version to Dynatrace and to AG?

Will it works?

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

That will work but you'd lose all support of the extension and not be able to migrate to new versions without redoing the change every time.

Mike

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

It is possible to make a suggestion of a change in the other version of Dynatrace?

We don't use a lot of ext metrics but these metrics consume DDU.

I can ask the possibility to deactivate in the future release of Dynatrace?

Thank you a lot

Elisa Gaiti

Hi @Mike_L! How to get through areas that @elisag mentioned above? Thank you for any feedback in advance!

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Please raise an RFE on the forum regarding "Allow to deselect individual metrics in extensions and not just feature sets".

Mike

Hi,

Was it created this RFE finally? We also need disabling individual metrics from a feature sets in an IBM extension.

If finally the RFE wasn´t created, let me know to open it. If it was opened, could you send me the link to vote, it?

Thanks everyone.
Regards,
Elena.

Hi Paco,

Thanks for your answer.

We are using Datapower extension and it seems for this case it's not possible.

As you can see, the metrics are grouped in set of features. You can disable a whole set of features but not only one of the metrics of this set of features,  that it's that we need:

erh_inetum_0-1710838756735.png

I've looked for if it can be done via API but it seems it isn´t also possible. Do you know if if possible disabling only one metric of the set of features?

Thanks,

Elena.

It is not possible to disable individual metrics, only per feature set.

As far as I can see there was no product idea created for disabling individual metrics within a feature set. Feel free to do so.

The current workaround is to download the extension from the public hub, and do the change yourself.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

But as you said, that is not the best option because we'll lose the support, right?

RFE created.

This is the link: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Allow-to-deselect-individual-metrics-in-extensions-...

Thanks,

Elena.

Featured Posts