cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F5 BIG-IP LTM extension problem

yilmarh
Newcomer

Hello everyone, I just installed a F5 big-ip LTM extension on my Dynatrace SaaS environment, I tested networking configuration with an snmpwalk command and it's working well from my activegate (2), but when I try to configure my extension I have this problem:

Failed to assign monitoring configuration to Active Gate. Reason: The monitoring configuration requires Active Gate version 1.230.0 or later that supports data source snmp and belongs to group "env.production"

yilmarh_1-1644861858768.png

But my ActiveGate version is above 1.230.0 my current version is: 1.233.152 for both ActiveGates in my ActiveGate group env.production and those are up to date.

yilmarh_2-1644861900570.png

Please, cloud you give me some help to solve this problem?

Best regards

9 REPLIES 9

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello,

You can try deleting the monitoring configuration and creating a new one.

However, if the problem persists please open a Support ticket so the issue can be investigated in more detail.

Best regards,

Radu

Hello Radu, thanks for your reply, I did it but the problem persist.

Best regards,

Yilmar

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi, In which log file you see that output?

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

By creating a monitoring configuration and then clicking on the "OK", "Error" state you're automatically brought to the relevant log lines.

Mike

Thanks, but when I click See Logs option. I am redirected to the Dynatrace Self Monitoring Dashboard.

Usually that happens when your user does not have the access to read all log files.

Mike

My user is cluster admin, but gonna check with another user. Thanks

Cluster admin is good enough 😊 Maybe you don’t have logs v2 enabled as you are on managed?

Mike

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @yilmarh 

I am not sure this is related or not but while configuring the F5 devices, I was facing an error message. Later on, I found that the ActiveGate/s IP address/s must be allowed on the F5.

Once, the F5 admin allowed both IP addresses then, we were able to configure/fetch the data successfully.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts