cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ extension timeframe increase

vishal_shenduri
Observer

Hello Everyone,

I have few questions about IBM MQ Oneagent extension.

Is there a way where we can increase the time to collect the IBM MQ metrics as currently every minute it will collect those metrics and send it back to Dynatrace but we want to make this time as 5 minutes so that we can consume less DDU's.

My first thought to check the mq plugin script but didn't find any time variable that runs script every minute please let me know where I can tweak this time so that metrics are captured every 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Vishal

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @vishal_shenduri,

Maybe @Mike_L or his team have an information about it but I guess it is not possible now. So maybe you should raies a product idea.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is not possible or planned as it would lower the quality of Davis detecting anomalies. With the move to Extension Framework 2.0 we will introduce feature sets where you can lower the number of metrics retrieved. You can now already gather metrics only for specific queues/listeners/channels to lower the DDU consumption.

Mike

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @vishal_shenduri,

Maybe you are aware about the configuration of the extension but anyway maybe it can be useful for others: here is an AG MQ extension config where we can filter the channels and queues. These filters can be rules or a simple list of channels or queues

Mizs_0-1678371278424.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts