cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing IBM MQ Extension on Linux (Errors)

shakib
Guide

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this. So I'm following the directions for installing the IBM MQ OneAgent extension (https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/dynatrace-extensions/dynatrace-extension-r...). 

I had no issues with this install on a Widows server as I am getting MQ statistics. 

But I keep getting the following error when I try to set it up on Linux (same issue on 2 different Linux servers). 

"Error (No module named 'pymqe') for: ServerName".

I have a ticket open with Dynatrace support and it's been back and forth for 6 weeks and no resolution.

So I wanted to ask the community. Dynatrace support has advised me that the extension comes with all the required libraries and so I shouldn't need to install additional Python (or otherwise) modules/libraries. And I didn't have to do anything extra for this extension to work on my Windows server. 

The thing is, that there are a bunch of pymqe* files in the following directory, same as on the Windows server:  
</opt/dynatrace/oneagent/plugin_deployment/custom.python.ibmmq/pymqi>. 

On the non-working Linux server, I did add /usr/lib64 and /usr/local/lib to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and still the same issues. 

8 REPLIES 8

steven_v
Organizer

Hi shakib,

What version is your ActiveGate running on? We saw that same error and to fix it we had to upgrade our IBM MQ extension and also install JDK v1.8+ on the ActiveGate. 

The_AM
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Okay, I see your point about the ActiveGate extension version, since Dynatrace does recommend a separate JRE for the extension execution:

Java Runtime Environment of at least version 8 installed on ActiveGate (JRE 11+ recommended). We recommend not using the JRE that comes in the ActiveGate install directory. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ibm-mq-extensions#activegate

But Shakib was asking about the OneAgent version.

Regards,
Andrew M.

You're right, they are referring to the OneAgent extension. I missed that. In that case the ActiveGate pieces would not apply to this.

The_AM
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

As Steve has said, I do believe there were earlier versions of the IBM MQ Extension where you actually had to ship some MQ connector libraries yourself.

That should have been resolved a long time ago, so first thing I would check is that you are using the latest OneAgent and latest IBM MQ extension version.

On Dynatrace Hub, it has v1.031.3 of IBM MQ for OneAgent: https://www.dynatrace.com/hub/detail/ibm-mq-oneagent/overview/?query=ibm+mq

Also, the extension uses Python.

I am not sure how the ActiveGate & JDK version relates the the extension execution environment (there's a OneAgent IBM MQ extension and also ActiveGate remote version), but ActiveGate should have already been using JDK11+ for about 2years now....

Regards,
Andrew M.

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

What is the support ticket? Then I’ll have the developer of the extension read through it.

Mike

Mike

satyabrata007
Newcomer

Hi Shakib,

Is this issue resolved?

Thanks

arild_palencia3
Frequent Guest

Hi Shakib.

We are also experiensing the same issue. Please, could you post the resolution to this issue if any?

Regards
Arild

Hi Arild,

This post was for the IBM MQ extension version 1.0.x which is deprecated. If you haven't done so yet, please use the latest version of the extension 3.x.
If you still run into issues, I recommend opening a support ticket and attaching your log files to the ticket.

Regards,

Diego

Featured Posts